Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
This new role will work across both Licensing and Distribution, for Active and Footwear brands. You will ensure reporting, invoicing and forecasting of royalty and global marketing contributions (GMC) is as accurate and timely as possible, putting in place the relevant processes and controls. This will include a monthly forecasting process for royalty and GMC with analysis of actual performance to date. This role will work cross functionally with the licensing team, Business Development managers, Finance Business partners and Management accounts teams.
The role you’d play:
- You ensure all royalty and GMC is invoiced accurately and promptly, in accordance with the terms of the licensee/distributor agreement
- Raise Quarterly Royalty invoices
- Raise Annual GMC invoices
- Implement and manage Minimum royalty and GMC trackers
- Conduct audits of reporting/invoicing vs contract agreements to ensure accuracy
- Ensure the Licensee Contract summaries maintained (Actual Performance versus Contractual targets)
- Monthly reporting of actual sales, royalty and GMC versus forecast/budget and prior year
- By brand and partner/territory, product category
- For Commercial and Brand Directors, Licensing manager
- Develop a monthly forecasting (outlook) model
- Update of current year actuals
- To include targets and prior year comparatives
- Analysis of monthly movements
- In excel initially with a view to automating in SAP
- Work with Business development managers and partners to ensure regular forecasting is received
- Providing financial analysis for licensee/distributor agreement sign off (new or renewals)
- Annual update and improvement of licensee/distributor reporting templates
The must haves:
- You are a part Qualified Accountant
- You have some commercial experience and understanding of different business models
- You will have some knowledge of legal agreement/contracts
- You have advanced analytical, data and modelling skills
- You are able to present complex data in a simple and easy to understand way
- You use the tools and data available to form insights
- You have a structured approach to workload and achieving deadlines
If this sounds like the perfect role, please apply and we’ll be in touch soon.