Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
Reporting directly into the Director of Financial Reporting and Control, the successful candidate will be instrumental in ensuring the creation and implementation of a governance and risk platform that is best in class and aligned with the over-arching vision of Pentland Group. The role will also be responsible for managing the Group Insurance profile, taking ownership, with the support of the brokers, of the group policies structure in accordance with the Board’s risk appetite.
The role will report into the central Finance function of Pentland Brands but with a broad range of key stakeholder relationships across the business in order to develop and embed a world class risk management and internal controls environment across both finance and broader operational risk areas including IT, Legal & Regulatory and Supply Chain.
The role you’d play:
- To manage the Group Insurance profile taking ownership, with the support of the brokers, of the group policies structure in accordance with the Board’s risk appetite.
- Working with Group IA to develop the audit plan for Pentland Brands, agreeing on audit scoping and co-ordination with process owners to ensure that audit management actions are implemented
- To play a key role in facilitating the Governance and Risk Executive sub-committee, define and implement work plan and inbound reporting from the broader business that drives accountability and action
- Establishing consolidated Executive Committee and board reporting and associated governance processes
- Co-ordination of operational risk management process with Business Unit risk champions, including monitoring and reporting of progress on mitigation action plans and maintenance of risk registers
- On-going assessment of the risk and control environment through review of existing operational and financial controls and benchmarking with best practices
- Raising awareness of the importance of controls and embedding controls capability and ownership within the business
- Establishing a governance process to ensure clear accountability for compliance to statutory and internal standards.
- Conducting periodic control evaluations and reporting on progress of remediation actions.
- Initiate and facilitate improvement initiatives and workshops
The must haves:
- Strong financial, technical and applicable internal audit and risk background with at least 3+ year PQE, preferably with industry experience.
- Excellent numerical, report writing and communication skills
- Technically and operationally proficient
- Extensive operational as well as financial controls experience (if coming from internal audit background)
- Experience of managing and embedding a business-wide risk management and governance programme
- Experience in identifying, monitoring and reviewing a full range of operational business risks (not purely financial)
- Experience in arranging and maintaining insurance protection of the Group’s assets and liabilities
- A proven track record of understanding operational risks and supporting stakeholders in identifying and implementing practical mitigation solutions
- Ability to see “big picture” and prioritise deliverables accordingly
- Good knowledge of best practise control frameworks and internal controls
- Action-orientated: establishes processes and makes recommendations that lead to action that makes a difference to the business.
- Well organised with the ability to manage multiple projects in parallel
- Excellent at influencing, at all levels of the organisation
- Robust, confident, resilient, with an ability to challenge existing practices at all levels of the organisation
- Exceptional relationship builder
- Self-motivated and take full ownership of the role
- Team Player