The Retail Sales Operation Manager is responsible for developing and operating retail network in the focused cities and areas define by the company. He or she is also responsible for executing a set of sales and distribution strategies for two brands (Speedo & ellesse). He or she will be responsible for leading the roll out of a retail store network in Shanghai and potentially other cities and areas and delivering the best brand retails experience and services to our consumers.
Establish & own objectives and goals of retail channels and ensure they are delivered by leading the retail organization effectively and working closely with the brand, product, demand, supply, Go-to-Market, finance and HR teams.
Protect our brands’ position in the market of China. Ensure high quality and consistencies of retail implementation in all stores in terms of brand image including retail operations, visual merchandising, pricing and promotional activities.
Establish and maintain professional and excellent business partnership with customers including mall developers, department store management, key accounts and decision makers in strategic POU’s.
Pioneering Brands that Make Life Better
We are Pentland Brands, a global business touching the lives of millions through some of the worlds most-loved active and footwear brands. We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the UK licensee for Kickers and have a joint venture with Lacoste footwear.
We have a rich and remarkable history, of family, of ambition and of innovation, of leading from the front with a legacy of outstanding brands and equally outstanding people. Of pioneering brands that make life better. Brands that create an emotional connection with our consumers and help keep people on the move. Brands that do good, that form part of a positive business that takes action for people and planet.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop because we know this is an exceptional place to build brands and build your career. We want you to come to work every day excited about what we can achieve when we have a clear and single-minded focus on being consumer-centric and relentlessly focused on improving our performance.
Always guided by our principles, we not only do a great job, but we also do it in the right way; success is a team game; with clarity and courage; better as standard; in good conscience. We believe every individual has the power to shape the Pentland of the future, by making sure that every day we’re better than the day before. Join our team of passionate, exceptional individuals, and do the best work of your life.
The role you’d play:
- Develop professional relationship with landlord and department stores so that Pentland is able to expand retail network according to plan.
- Establish and develop the best retail operation teams to provide customers and consumers the best experience of Pentland’s brands.
- Lead the implementation of sales and retail strategies in Shanghai and other priority cities of China to deliver envisioned commercial results including sales value, volume quantity, profitability, per square meter productivity, like-for-like growth target, market share, forecast accuracy, cost, and staff turnover rate.
- Assist and support Head of Sales in developing retail expansion plans, annual budget plans and driving related business planning processes.
- Responsible for the full P&L for the retail business and key financial metrics.
- Collaborate and align with related functions in terms of channel purpose and priorities, product ranges, and sales/promotion plans and return/replenishment process to drive business achievement.
- Provide adequate training and coaching to the retail operation teams on a regular basis to drive continuous improvement of sales operations and management.
- Drive bottom-up monthly sales forecasts and develop retail annual budgets according to planning process requirement.
- Conduct annual, quarterly, monthly, and weekly KPIs and goal setting for the team, develop relevant and adequate pay schemes to incentivize retail sales teams based on pay for performance.
- Provide regular assessment and reports of the competition in terms of sales & distribution network, pricing structure and retail operations.
- Build and maintain professional relationships with all business partners to ensure sustainable business development.
- Regularly evaluate customers’ credit situation and manage business risks proactively.
The must haves:
- Minimum 10-year experience of managing retail sales and operations
- Significant experience of working with developers and buyers in Shanghai and other major cities
- Strong understanding with experience in both retail operations and delivering multiple KPIs incl. sales value, volume, margins, discounts, credit
- Strong negotiator in trading terms and store locations
- Strong planning & organization skills in sales team scheduling and sales targets
- Experience of having worked in a matrix environment preferable
- Strong people skills and leadership
- Native speaker in Mandarin & good understanding of English
- An excellent communicator with adequate written & verbal communication skills
- Strong commercial acumen
- A good relationship builder, with both customers and cross functional teams alike
- Determined and self-motivated with a passion for goal delivery
- Able to quickly and easily integrate and influence cross-functionally at local level within the business
- PC literate; particularly on Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Strong persuasive & influencing skills, with high cultural sensitivity and self-awareness