Retail Planner III - Speedo USA
WE ARE SPEEDO
The world's leading swimwear brand, Speedo is passionate about life in and around the water. The brand's heritage of innovation derives from its leadership in competitive swimming, where more Olympic Gold Medals have been won in Speedo than any other brand. Unmatched in performance, fit and feel, we are also America’s #1 goggle brand.
From the first splash, to every stroke, the genuine love and excitement we have working with the water is what creates exciting and meaningful relationships.
Speedo is not where we work, but is who we are.
It’s watching a baby in the pool for the first time or our athletes make history. What we do is sacred to us and our connection to the rest of water lovers around the world. Driven by the challenge, not the glory. At Speedo, it is never enough to be good at what you do; you have to love what you do.
Speedo is a part of the Pentland Brands Limited Family.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, SeaVees, Red or Dead and we’re the UK licensee for Kickers and have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear. Our products are available in over 190 countries and are sold either directly by Group companies or are represented by licensees and distributors.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,200 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
We believe in building brands for the world to love, generation after generation. Your potential is our potential and together we can build and grow brands that last.
The Retail Planner II is responsible for being a key driver in the growth of our brand, both sales and profitability, while keeping in mind our wholesale goals through analysis. The Retail Planner will utilize consumer insights in conjunction with current selling data to assist merchandise and demand planning in the overall brand and business strategies. This position collaborates heavily with the merchandise planning, demand planning, sales, and account partners in order to achieve our financial and company goals. Must be organized, detailed/task oriented and able to adapt to a changing environment. This position will focus on Amazon and our digital platforms, experience with these are preferred.
- Provide weekly sales analysis/reporting and recommendations (sales, stock, AUR, & door analysis)
- Maintain seasonal OTB and lead monthly calls to discuss in season changes and re-projections
- Recommend necessary receipt flow / markdowns
- Build and understand Pricing Ladders
- Identifies opportunities and executes strategies to increase sales and margin to meet or exceed plan
- Monthly analysis of business by sku by account – recommend future receipt adjustments to account, flag best sellers / worst sellers, capitalize on future growth opportunities
- Report, analyze, and call out concerns and opportunities to sales team as well as to the account
- Participate in the presentation of the seasonal sales plans to the retailer senior management – prepare the meeting materials including sales plans, account history, & other supporting documents as needed
- Participate in market appointments both in the business review and actual purchasing making recommendations based on historical sales performance
- Assess the impact of market changes or significant variances in the business and make recommendations to demand planning, merchandise planning and sales teams
- Measure, analyze and report key performance indicators of the business (KPIs)
- Develop and maintain strong relationship and collaboration with sales, demand planning and merchandise planning
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years experience in retail and wholesale planning
- History of increasing responsibility, developing a broad base of business skills
- 4 year college degree preferred (Business, Finance, Retail or relevant field)
- Strong retail math and analytical skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work as part of the team and communicate with multiple levels within the organization
- Result-oriented and self-motivated with a strong sense of urgency
- Curious with the ability to view things in new ways or from a different perspective
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to mitigate risk
- Resourceful, organized, meets deadlines
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong written and communication skills with the ability to influence
- Strategic Forecasting & Financial Planning
- Effective collaboration with cross-functional teams
- Manage and gain respect from team members
- Thrive in a fast paced, high energy environment
- Superb organizational and demonstrated project management skills
- A positive, can-do, customer service attitude.
- A strong work ethic, high personal values and standards
- Highly proficient in Excel, Power Point, MS Office, Comfortable with wed based applications