Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
As a member of Retail Marketing team, this role will assist Retail Marketing Manager in developing and implementing robust marketing communication program and retail activation for both Speedo’s direct own retail stores and franchisee stores to drive ambitious commercial returns and offline retail growth (drive retail sell-through). This is a role that we currently don’t have but need to fill quickly. He/she will support the Retail Manager in design and execution of seasonal campaigns, in-store events & promotions, in mall OOH/DP negotiation, roadshows and tradeshow.
Roles & responsibilities
- Assist Retail Marketing Manager in developing activation on time and on budget, a robust program for own retail stores and franchisee stores that balances brand and commercial needs.
- Implementing local retail marketing activities, incl. project development, coordination, budget and on site management.
- Liaise with channel sales teams to identify and define project requirements, scope and set objectives, ensuring business and branding needs are covered.
- Take part in design annual promotion calendar and promotion scheme to support top line achievement of both retail and wholesale channels.
- Design reports, analyze sales and consumer data to assess event effectiveness.
- Communicate internally and externally to deliver quality work and achieve preset targets in effective and timely manner.
- Work with agencies, franchises and landlords to design & execute in-store events, roadshows and DP.
- Assist budget preparation and expenditure control/tracking.
- Provide administrative support as needed.
What you need to have:
What we need to see in you:
Experience / technical & interpersonal skillset
- College or University graduate in Marketing, Advertising, Design, Business Administration or related subject
- At least 3 years and above solid experiences in trade or retail marketing, preferably in apparel or sports retail industry.
- Good commercial and consumer sense, strong interpersonal skills.
- Creative and energetic with marketing sense, and think practical.
- Ability to think both strategic (for Supervisor) and executional.
- Ability for multi-tasks and strong time management.
- Proficiency in office software, Photoshop, Illustrator, 3D max etc. as plus.
- Good command of both written and spoken English, Mandarin.
This overview gives you a feel for what you’ll be doing day to day but it’s not an A to Z.