Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
Key Purpose of Job:
This commercial sales role will support Pentlands strategy in delivering breakthrough results & performance within the Active Division. This role will ensure the customer plan is delivered working closely with key functions of S&P and Shopper Marketing internally and externally. Working across assigned customers this role is responsible for delivery of sales, profit, execution of initiatives and brand presence to agreed KPI’s.
- Responsibility for Active Brands within a defined number of regional accounts all within similar geographic proximity.
- Accountability for the sales, profit, brand presence and KPIs of Active brands business within the regional accounts.
- Work closely with UK Shopper Marketing Function to win with the shopper at point of purchase by owning space and growing market share, thus ensuring both Mental and Physical availability of our brands and products, creating desire and sell through.
- Practising true account penetration within each account, across, buying, merchandising, marketing, and creative departments (where relevant), building trusting relationships with all appropriate personnel to develop and understand their business needs whilst communicating the objectives of Pentland brands.
- Manage the sell-in process of Active brands ensuring delivery of key propositions through the persuasive selling framework and an emphasis on thorough preparation, an excellent understanding of customer needs and a focus of achieving clear goals.
- Complete and support the integration and compliance of the B2B and CRM system working closely with Customer Operations to ensure records are updated, calls are recorded in the systems and clear objectives are set.
- Organise and undertake quarterly business reviews (externally) and monthly business reviews (internally) to maintain focus and ensure all possible steps are being taken by all stakeholders and contributors to deliver against the plan.
- Work closely with Group Credit function to understand, mitigate and proactively avoid credit issues that may hinder shipment at best or lead to bad debt at worst.
- Always keep abreast of the market place identifying new distribution across all channels of distribution, Retail, Mail order, Traditional E-commerce, Buying Groups.
Needs to have:
- Proven track record of managing and delivering results as a Regional Account Manager
- Ability to build a persuasive selling story
- Experience of negotiation
- Strong Influencing skills
- Commercial acumen - Understanding of broader business financial principles
- Ability to analyse, spot trends and feedback into line manager and team.
- Experience of delivering robust brand activation plans within a customer
- Strong communication skills
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Knowledge and understanding of competition law
- Prepared to travel within region as required by the role
Needs to be:
- An ambassador for Pentland Brands across the Active Division, role modelling the organisational values and One Pentland approach
- Demonstrates a passion for bringing the voice of the customer back in to the business
- Confident, professional and articulate
- High tenacity & passion to achieve results
- Pro-active, exceptionally well organised.
- Able to work both independently as well as being a great team player
- Ability to build partnership and trust with a customer
- Solution mind-set
- Flexible in approach and ‘can do’ attitude