Job title: Regional Account Manager - POU
Function: UK Commercial
Location: Field Based/South West UK
This commercial sales role will support Pentland’s strategy in delivering breakthrough results & performance within the UK Commercial Division. This role will ensure the customer plan is delivered working closely with key functions of CS&P and Shopper Marketing internally and externally. Working across assigned customers this role is responsible for delivery of sales, profit, execution of initiatives and brand presence to agreed KPI’s.
Pioneering brands that make life better
We are Pentland Brands, a global business touching the lives of millions through some of the worlds most-loved active and footwear brands. We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the UK licensee for Kickers and have a joint venture with Lacoste footwear.
We have a rich and remarkable history, of family, of ambition and of innovation, of leading from the front with a legacy of outstanding brands and equally outstanding people. Of pioneering brands that make life better.
Brands that create an emotional connection with our consumers and help keep people on the move. Brands that do good, that form part of a positive business that takes action for people and planet.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop because we know this is an exceptional place to build brands and build your career. We want you to come to work every day excited about what we can achieve when we have a clear and single-minded focus on being consumer-centric and relentlessly focused on improving our performance.
Always guided by our principles, we not only do a great job, but we also do it in the right way; success is a team game; with clarity and courage; better as standard; in good conscience.
We believe every individual has the power to shape the Pentland of the future, by making sure that every day we’re better than the day before. Join our team of passionate, exceptional individuals, and do the best work of your life.
The role you’d play:
- Responsibility for the delivery of Active Brands into a Point of Use environment all within similar geographic proximity.
- Accountability for the sales, profit, brand presence and KPIs of Active brands business within the region..
- Work closely with UK Shopper Marketing Function to win with the shopper at point of purchase by owning space and growing market share, thus ensuring both Mental and Physical availability of our brands and products, creating desire and sell through.
- Practising true account penetration within each account, across, buying, merchandising, marketing, and creative departments (where relevant), building trusting relationships with all appropriate personnel to develop and understand their business needs whilst communicating the objectives of Pentland brands.
- Manage the sell-in process of Active brands ensuring delivery of key propositions through the persuasive selling framework and an emphasis on thorough preparation, an excellent understanding of customer needs and a focus of achieving clear goals.
- Complete and support the integration and compliance of the B2B and CRM system working closely with Customer Operations to ensure records are updated, calls are recorded in the systems and clear objectives are set.
- Organise and undertake quarterly business reviews (externally) and monthly business reviews (internally) to maintain focus and ensure all possible steps are being taken by all stakeholders and contributors to deliver against the plan.
- Work closely with Group Credit function to understand, mitigate and proactively avoid credit issues that may hinder shipment at best or lead to bad debt at worst.
- Always keep abreast of the market place identifying new distribution across all channels of distribution, Retail, Mail order, Traditional E-commerce, Buying Groups.
The must haves:
- Proven track record of managing and delivering results as a Regional Account Manager
- Ability to build a persuasive selling story
- Experience of negotiation
- Strong Influencing skills
- Commercial acumen - Understanding of broader business financial principles
- Ability to analyse, spot trends and feedback into line manager and team.
- Experience of delivering robust brand activation plans within a customer
- Strong communication skills
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Knowledge and understanding of competition law
- Prepared to travel within region as required by the role
If this sounds like the perfect role, please apply and we’ll be in touch soon.