Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the UK licensee for Kickers and have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
As part of our UK based product assurance team, your responsibilities will be to interpret and analyse trends in return data and implement continuous quality improvement into our product. Investigating the root cause of customer returns and introducing corrective action plans will help drive a quality culture within our brands and amongst our vendor base. You will also be responsible for maintaining quality manuals and updating executive teams on the current state of returns and quality assurance.
The role you’d play:
- Root Cause analysis on customer and consumer returns
- Liaise and maintain close relationships with our global Product Assurance teams, Product Design & Development teams, Global Materials teams and factories to understand the root cause of quality issues and drive the delivery of robust corrective actions.
- Lead the investigation to identify root cause of issues and agree, implement and track corrective actions across internal and external parties.
- Own the lab based analysis of product returns, testing requirements including external testing facilities if required.
- Work with global product design, development and material functions during NPD process to ensure quality is introduced from concept, throughout development and during the commercialization process by assessing risk.
- In conjunction with personnel within the product design, product development, product assurance and raw material functions you will set, maintain and continually improve product quality standards across raw materials and constructions, taking a lead role in ensuring that appropriate Quality Standards are implemented that will meet both customer and consumer expectations when product is released to market.
- Analyse global returns data to comment on business impact and identify continuous improvement projects on products with high return rates
- Provide support to Returns team lead in terms of data capture and analysis.
- Provide QA input to business projects and other general support as required.
The must haves:
- Knowledge of garment/product construction with a relevant university degree
- Good communication and networking skills.
- Excellent organisation and analytical skills
- A desire to work collaboratively across the Business
- A strong understanding and empathy with the end user.
- Ability to self-manage, prioritise work and multi task with strong attention to detail
- Passionate about our products
If this sounds like the perfect role, please apply and we’ll be in touch soon.