Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
Key Purpose of Job:
Playing an active, behind-the-scenes executive support role, the Business Manager will be a key member of the Lacoste Sourcing Leadership team, coordinating the various priorities of the function and supporting the VP of Footwear Sourcing with timely reporting of KPIs for the customer (the Lacoste JV).
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive knowledge of the Lacoste Sourcing supply chain function.
- Develop a programme management approach to methodology, timeline & reporting of key projects for the function in alignment and in service of the strategic priorities of the Lacoste JV.
- Define and track measurable team plans for the Leadership Team, based on relevant 1-Year-Plans and team priorities. This includes the coordination of Leadership meetings, creating communications material, and tracking of the outcomes of the meetings.
- Ensure alignment among key stakeholders and facilitate communication across the leadership teams, ensuring key stakeholders are regularly kept informed on the progress of projects and initiatives.
- Understand priorities, potential issues, sensitivities and key stakeholders/clients and practically apply this knowledge to support the VP of Footwearing Sourcing.
- Coordinate and oversee projects respectively – primarily this is quality assurance and join-up. However, in cases there will be a requirement to lead the work from stages of infancy until it is appropriate to migrate into the business.
- Preparation of presentations and reports, including collection and analysis of data and current external trends.
- Proactive identification & anticipation of issues or opportunities for the VP of Footwear Sourcing. This responsibility involves elevating those issues about which he/she should be aware and framing/positioning ideas to resolve the problem.
- Provide both strategic and day-to-day support on tasks and projects, e.g. preparing presentations, coordinating meetings.
What you need to have:
- A “customer focus”; able to compile information and data to present in a compelling way;
- Experience in project leadership and or programme menagement
- Demonstrable leadership or influencing skills;
- Exceptional stakeholder management – both at a senior level and across a diverse group of stakeholders;
- At least 3 years’ previous experience in a role in or outside Pentland;
- Strong drive & passion.
What we need to see in you:
- Fluent in English, with excellent written & oral language and communication skills;
- Comfortable working on multiple horizons - being close to the day to day whilst able to think long-term;
- Comfortable challenging constructively and upwards;
- One step ahead on what is coming next and able to adapt appropriately to changing demands;
- A strong networker / relationship manager;
- Culturally sensitive, with high self-awareness & the ability to flex style depending on the audience;
- Responsive to working in a changing environment – learns fast;
- Proactive and an independent worker;
- Emotionally intelligent;
- Energetic and motivated;
- Ability to question, challenge and drive change;
- Able to travel very regularly
This overview gives you a feel for what you’ll be doing day to day but it’s not an A to Z.