Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
Creating Berghaus products can take time and patience. We are fastidious in our design process and painstakingly rigorous in the lengths we go to, to ensure our products meet the standards we demand from our Brand, and the trust levels that our customers have come to expect from us. As a result, our typical product innovation process can take between 18 and 24 months to go from concept to finished product
The Sprint Team, however, has a mandate to think differently!
Your role is part of a small fast-response team working in an agile way with an entrepreneurial attitude and at a lightning quick pace
To enable us to get new products to market faster, this team will operate with “out of the box” thinking and find innovative ways to work directly with our key customers to deliver commercial opportunities, without sacrificing quality, performance and CSR standards
You will be required to work across multiple categories and on projects ranging from Collabs, capsule collections, new ranges and new concepts, coupled with tweaks to existing core product ranges (Special Make-Up = SMUs’) to ensure we are making products that will succeed in the various markets we operate in
Working closely with Head of Category and our Commercial Teams and customer-facing, this is a critical role in identifying, planning, executing and delivery of customer-focused and consumer-led products, that are compelling and deliver against our brand commercial targets, strategic priorities and brand positioning
The role you’d play:
- Working with our commercial teams and key retailers, identify and deliver short-medium term product opportunities that drive brand growth and/or perception with key retailers and in key markets
- Deliver clear business plans for each opportunity for sign-off by Head of Category and Brand Director
- Working across multiple categories, identify opportunities for projects ranging from Collabs, capsule collections, new ranges and new concepts, coupled with tweaks to existing core products and SMUs’
- Identify opportunities both within the UK and our key focus markets in EMEA
- As an expert in the Outdoor and/or Sportswear market, highlight opportunities for growth across our ranges as part of the brand planning process in order to support the building of an achievable brand strategy
- Deliver innovative product, design, development and materials solutions that deliver selected products faster to market
- Propose appropriate range architecture and positioning based on deep understanding of consumer and competitor landscape, product and feature benchmarking and brand strategy
- Aligning with key stakeholders to find solutions to support supply chain and operations to bring products to market faster
- Operate effectively in a matrix structure, working closely with key functional teams across Commercial, Sales and Planning, Category Management, Innovation, Design, Development, Sourcing, Finance, Legal, Brand, Insights, Shopper Design & Merchandising, Shopper Marketing
- Manage selective products to deliver against seasonal margin and growth objectives and KPIs
- Manage seasonal plans including; range architecture, SCO count & productivity, product mix, pricing strategy, product segmentation, product lifecycle and margin to build commercially viable and efficient opportunities
- Write, submit and manage timely delivery of product briefs to design and development teams ensuring design output is commercially acceptable and meets brief and margin targets
- Analyse sales data to develop and focus product opportunities relevant for target markets or retailers, aligned to brand objectives
- Own and execute key critical path meetings and deadlines with relevant stakeholders
- Identify and support implementation of process improvement opportunities to enable a fast response approach
- Support creation of marketing materials and range training for any relevant functions and stakeholders
The must haves:
- Demonstrable success within product management role or similar
- Extensive product and/or commercial experience and understanding of the market, preferably in outdoor or a category related to our brand strategy
- Proven ability to propose, implement and deliver short-mid term strategic initiatives
- Strong understanding of how to gain and translate consumer and customer requirements into product opportunities
- Extremely strong understanding and appreciation of the end to end concept-to-consumer (C2C) process and importance of critical path deadlines
- Working understanding of product lifecycle management (C2C) including how commercial and development changes / decisions impact the critical path, vendors and workers
- Experience in managing and influencing cross-functional matrix teams and working or collaborating effectively across a matrixed business
- Strong analytical & reporting skills and ability to identify patterns and trends and the commercial aptitude to turn this into action
- Proven influencing skills at all levels of the business and ability to present ideas and gain commitment at a senior level
- Excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Capable negotiation skills
- Experience of or potential to manage direct reports
- Lateral thinker and with an entrepreneurial attitude
- Curious; quick to identify trends and patterns; always looking for ways to deliver opportunities
- Constantly showing initiative, being responsive to change and solving problems quickly
- Passionate about product with an ability to understand consumer needs and commercial opportunities
- Excellent in presentation and interpersonal skills and ability and aptitude to be consumer and customer facing
- Able to work and communicate cross-functionally at a variety of levels across the business and to create buy-in, support and belief in their plans within the organisation
- Perceived as credible with an expertise in their area and ability to challenge in pursuit of delivering their objectives
- Driven by delivery; self-motivated with a resilience to drive initiatives from beginning to end
- Flexibility to work independently or within a team and to travel as the role requires
- Strongly analytical, solution driven and result oriented; able to consider both the bigger picture and scrutinise detail when necessary
- Able to convey complex issues simply and communicate with conviction and awareness of functional, cultural and regional differences
- A role-model within the product team and capable of working and behaving in a way that is true to Pentland Brand’s principles
If this sounds like the perfect role, please apply and we’ll be in touch soon.