Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
The role you’d play:
A critical role in delivering our seasonal ranges and product lines in-line with the critical path. You will plan and deliver consumer-led product ranges that are compelling to partners, retailers and shoppers and deliver against the brand’s commercial targets, strategic priorities and brand positioning.
- Managing the product range to deliver seasonal objectives and KPIs in-line with seasonal timelines.
- Support building strategy by finding growth opportunities within category being managed.
- Determine product solutions to deliver against brand strategy for the product category.
- Manage delivery of the annual & seasonal plans including; range architecture, SCO count & productivity, product mix, pricing strategy, product segmentation, margin to build the category commercially.
- Manage product lifecycle from birth to retirement and churn levels.
- Deliver results within the matrixed structure and in keeping with Pentland’s principles.
- Work with the Product Development and Sourcing teams to agree supply chain KPIs for the annual and seasonal range plans.
- Identify market opportunity and consumer need for innovation, brief and working closely with the Innovation team to bring commercially feasible solutions that support and enhance brand plans
- Determine range architecture based on consumer and competitor product benchmarking
- Manage Special Make-Ups (SMUs) Policy and Control.
- Write, submit and manage timely delivery of product briefs to design (and development) teams ensuring design output is commercially acceptable, within brand guidelines and meets the brief.
- Analyse consumer needs and usage data to develop and manage a product range relevant for target markets, assisting and documenting product testing.
- Deliver and execute key critical path meetings and milestones.
- Identify and support implementation of process improvement opportunities.
- Consolidate product detail (e.g. features & benefits) to support creation of marketing materials and training for sales teams and other adjacent functions.
The must haves:
- Solid product management experience, preferably in this or a related category.
- Working understanding of product lifecycle management (C2C) including how commercial and development changes / decisions impact the critical path, vendors and workers.
- Strong understanding of consumer and experience of translating this into product benefits.
- Strong analytical & reporting skills and ability to translate this into result.
- Proven influencing skills with excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to identify patterns and trends and the commercial aptitude to turn this into action.
- Ability to present ideas and gain commitment at a senior level.
- Capable negotiation skills.
- Constantly showing initiative, being responsive to change and solving problems.
- Passionate about product with an ability to understand consumer needs.
- Able to work and communicate cross-functionally at a variety of levels across the business;
- Perceived as credible with an expertise in their area and ability to challenge in pursuit of delivering their objectives.
- Driven by delivery; self-motivated with a resilience to drive initiatives from beginning to end.
- Flexibility to work independently or within a team and to travel as the role requires.
If this sounds like the perfect role, please apply and we’ll be in touch soon.