Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
A critical role in delivering our seasonal ranges and product lines in-line with the critical path. You will plan and deliver consumer-led product ranges that are compelling to partners, retailers and shoppers and deliver against the brand’s commercial targets, strategic priorities and brand positioning. Responsible for the following product ranges:
- Junior & Infant goggles
- Learn to Swim equipment
- Bags, Footwear, Caps & Towels
The role you’d play:
- Managing the Kid’s product ranges to deliver seasonal objectives and KPIs in-line with seasonal timelines.
- Manage delivery of the annual and seasonal plans including; range architecture, SCO (Stock Colour Options) count, productivity, product mix, pricing strategy, product segmentation, and margin to build commercial ranges.
- Lead new product development and the cross functional teams to deliver to seasonal launch dates.
- Manage seasonal forecasting to inform tooling capacity requirements for current and new products.
- Manage product lifecycle from birth to retirement and churn levels.
- Support the Senior Product Manager in the creation of the product strategy by finding growth opportunities within your categories.
- Analyse consumer insights to inform new product solutions which deliver to consumer needs and are aligned to brand strategy.
- Work with the Product Development and Sourcing teams to agree supply chain KPIs for the annual and seasonal range plans.
- Become an expert in your category building a deep knowledge and understanding of your key markets and competitors.
- Write, submit and manage seasonal product briefs to design and development teams ensuring design output meets the desired outcome, compliments the current product range and is within brand guidelines.
- Lead key critical path and new product development meetings to ensure timely delivery of the range.
- Work with Pentland Licensee team providing feedback and sign off on licensee product submissions.
- Identify and support implementation of process improvement opportunities.
- Consolidate product detail (e.g. features & benefits) to support creation of marketing materials and training for sales teams and other adjacent functions.
- Operate effectively in a matrix structure and in keeping with Pentland’s principles, working closely with key functional teams: Product Leadership Team, Product and Design peers, Brand teams, Insights, Category Strategy & Planning, Customer teams for key markets and retailers, Research and Development, Product Development, Legal and Sourcing.
The must haves:
- Product management experience, preferably in this or a related category.
- Working understanding of product lifecycle management (C2C) including how commercial and development changes / decisions impact the critical path, vendors and workers.
- Strong understanding of consumer and experience of translating this into product benefits.
- Strong analytical and reporting skills and ability to translate this into result.
- Proven influencing skills with excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to identify patterns and trends and the commercial aptitude to turn this into action.
- Ability to present ideas and gain commitment at a senior level.
- Ability to present product ranges to global partners at conferences and sell in meetings.
If this sounds like the perfect role, please apply and we’ll be in touch soon.