As Kicker’s evolution continues, we're looking for a highly organised, ambitious and passionate Product Manager to join our incredible team to strategically grow the Kicker’s Back to School and seasonal business.
This role will facilitate the exciting development of 3 collections a year that are compelling to both retailers and consumers and deliver against the brand’s commercial targets and strategic priorities. Together with other key areas of the business, you will work on the journey from concept, development, production to delivery signing off with key stakeholders and driving demand along the way.
The role you'd play:
- Responsible for leading the creation of the Kickers UK range using insights, competitor benchmarking, trend analysis and sales data to determine the category plan
- Establish product strategy including growth opportunities, product lifecycle, pricing architecture, segmentation to achieve KPIs in line with the critical path and brand strategy
- Create design briefs for design, development and sourcing team to kick start development whilst referring back to these throughout the design process
- Present product strategy and collection to key stakeholders during product milestones within the critical path
- Lead the ‘Go To Market’ launches alongside the brand team to effectively engage internal and external stakeholders with the new product collection and strategy
- Collaborate with Brand and Marketing team, assisting with the marketing of the range, helping to communicate key selling points and working closely to drive the brand strategy and positioning
- Drive sustainability and positive business initiatives working across teams to kick start new development
- Responsible for following internal processes including data upload and consolidating product details to effectively bring products to market
- Monitor status of cost prices working with design, development and finance to ensure margin targets are hit
- Manage multiple project timelines and oversee critical path milestones working in a matrix structure to ensure a smooth-running department
- Analyse sales data from wholesale partners and e-comm to identify best and worst sellers, gaps in the range and any SMU opportunities
- Set sales budgets together with the finance team for each season focusing on option count and SCO productivity
- Monitor status of sales against the budget on a continual basis and work with the commercial sales team and finance to adjust accordingly
- Attend industry and trade events to stay updated with industry trends and product direction as well as build relationships with new vendors
What you'd bring:
- Solid product management or buying experience, preferably in footwear or a related category.
- Ability to present ideas and gain commitment at a senior level
- Understanding and experience of product lifecycle management including how commercial and development changes impact the critical path and vendors
- Constantly showing initiative, being responsive to change and solving problems
- Strong analytical & reporting skills
- Flexibility to work independently or within a fast-paced team
- Driven by delivery; self-motivated with a resilience to drive initiatives from beginning to end
- Consumer-centric with a proven record of translating this to product opportunities
- Footwear, and fashion obsessed. Naturally.
In the UK, the story of Kickers is about more than just shoes, it’s also about the cultural footprint that has spanned the nation’s most memorable music scenes and style tribes.
Yes, we make shoes & clothing but alongside this we have a long history and heritage of being an ever-present part of British youth culture. With this longevity comes knowledge and experience. We believe we can continue have a positive impact on the youth of today in the UK by providing products that help each of us to express ourselves, both in and out of the classroom.
We’re proud of our reputation for creating high-quality footwear with an unmatched comfort and attention to detail – and for our unmistakably kickers approach to life and style: Classic, relaxed, relevant… and accessible to all.
Pioneering Brands that Make Life Better
We are Pentland Brands, a global business touching the lives of millions through some of the world’s most-loved active and footwear brands. We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, Ellesse, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the UK licensee for Kickers and have a joint venture with Lacoste footwear.
We have a rich and remarkable history, of family, of ambition and of innovation, of leading from the front with a legacy of outstanding brands and equally outstanding people. Of pioneering brands that make life better. Brands that create an emotional connection with our consumers and help keep people on the move. Brands that do good, that form part of a positive business that takes action for people and planet.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop because we know this is an exceptional place to build brands and build your career. We want you to come to work every day excited about what we can achieve when we have a clear and single-minded focus on being consumer-centric and relentlessly focused on improving our performance.
Always guided by our principles, we not only do a great job, but we also do it in the right way; success is a team game; with clarity and courage; better as standard; in good conscience. We believe every individual has the power to shape the Pentland of the future, by making sure that every day we’re better than the day before. Join our team of passionate, exceptional individuals, and do the best work of your life.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.
To find out more go to www.pentlandbrands.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.Apply for this position