Product Insight Manager
Are you looking to join a team where you can make a big impact on an iconic brand? Are you passionate about the power of consumer insights and the value it brings to a business?
In this newly created Product Insight Manager role you will design and pioneer a new proposition development research process at an exciting time for the Berghaus brand, directly influencing the brand’s choices. You will also have the opportunity to champion this innovative approach with other brands in the Pentland family, driving best practise across our group.
You will report to the central insight team in Finchley and on a day-to-day basis you will be based at one of our fantastic offices in either Sunderland or Finchley, with regular (monthly) travel between our UK sites. Working closely with Berghaus’ Solutions Lead you will be responsible for assessing Berghaus’ future products and innovations: executing end to end delivery of qual and quant research to support the development of propositions in the UK, DACH & USA. You will be Berghaus’ consumer insights champion, using the voice of the consumer to feed the Berghaus Solutions Leads, brand and product teams with valuable, tangible insights to shape a successful proposition and product development pipeline. This is an exciting role for anyone curious and strategically minded.
The role you’d play as Product Insight Manager:
- Pentland Brands’ expert in Product and Proposition research by seeking out and managing agencies and tools that maximise the efficiency and effectiveness of our proposition development research.
- Be the voice of the consumer from concept to execution and support on relevant research throughout this lifecycle e.g., concept testing through to in-store experience analysis and comms testing.
- Manage multiple initiatives at any given time, along various stages of the proposition journey.
- Align with Berghaus’ brand and product teams to understand and influence brand strategy and associated NPD research requirements, utilising your knowledge of the market and consumer.
- Set up and execute concurrent qual & quant research projects, providing insights to Berghaus’. Solutions Lead that help optimise and validate new ideas & concepts, as well as Berghaus’ current product experiences.
- Work closely with the Central Insight team to ensure all data sources are surfaced in a manner which fuels ideation and the creation of new business opportunities.
What you’ll get in return Product Insight Manager:
- Have relevant experience in Insight from either a client-side or innovation/research agency environment, with a focus on consumer goods/products
- Have boundless curiosity to discover what consumers want, why they want it, and how we can influence them through great research and in-depth analysis
- Can identify and manage the best relevant research methodology for the given task across qual and quant techniques, both in person and online e.g., interviews, focus groups, community panels, diary studies, surveys etc. - to time and in budget
- Have experience of innovation processes and associated research methods including proposition ideation and concept writing
- Are practical, resourceful and action focused in your approach to research. This role requires flexible and creative thinking: you should be comfortable navigating ambiguity to drive the best outcomes.
- Can co-ordinate activities across multiple teams, drawing together multiple perspectives to improve standards of insight
- Are open to the new experiences, challenges and opportunities that working for a global portfolio of brands offers
- Possess excellent communication and influencing skills
- Are a team player with a “can-do” attitude and strong collaboration skills
- Are highly organised and good at prioritising
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive remuneration package
- Hybrid / smart working
- Brand and retail perks
- Financial perks
- Travel perks
- Time out perks
- Wellbeing commitment
Berghaus is one of those rare brands: a pioneer in what we do. For over 50 years, we’ve been making great value, durable kit that gets you out and keeps you out. We’re fortunate enough to look back on a rich history of innovations that have not only steered us into market-leading positions but have fundamentally changed the category for the better.
Yet despite this heritage, we have been quiet for the last few years. In fact, we would go as far as
saying we lost our way a bit. But that’s all about to change. Our guiding mandate right now is to put this brand rightfully back on the outdoors map and reclaim our status as one of the originals.
We’re getting closer to consumers to create products that will be talked about, reconstructing how the brand shows up, showcasing our ranges like never before, and collaborating in new and original ways.
To propel us forward, we’re looking for the very best talent to join our journey to transform one of the world’s most iconic outdoor brands by putting the Berghaus back into Berghaus.
Founded by two friends, Peter Lockey & Gordon Davidson, Berghaus is one of Europe’s original outdoor brands.
Since 1966, we have been on a mission to get more people outdoors because we believe that where the best of life is lived outside.
Our brand purpose guides us to ensure absolutely nothing stands in the way of someone experiencing all the awe and wonder of the outdoors. And when something does, we’ll challenge it to make it right. Because, after all, the outdoors belongs to every one of us.
Who we are:
Pioneering Brands that Make Life Better
We are Pentland Brands, a global business touching the lives of millions through some of the world’s most-loved active and footwear brands. We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, Ellesse, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the UK licensee for Kickers and have a joint venture with Lacoste footwear.
We have a rich and remarkable history, of family, of ambition and of innovation, of leading from the front with a legacy of outstanding brands and equally outstanding people. Of pioneering brands that make life better. Brands that create an emotional connection with our consumers and help keep people on the move. Brands that do good, that form part of a positive business that takes action for people and planet.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop because we know this is an exceptional place to build brands and build your career. We want you to come to work every day excited about what we can achieve when we have a clear and single-minded focus on being consumer-centric and relentlessly focused on improving our performance.
Always guided by our principles, we not only do a great job, but we also do it in the right way; success is a team game; with clarity and courage; better as standard; in good conscience. We believe every individual has the power to shape the Pentland of the future, by making sure that every day we’re better than the day before. Join our team of passionate, exceptional individuals, and do the best work of your life.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.
To find out more go to www.pentlandbrands.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or FacebookApply for this position