PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT MANAGER – SPEEDO USA
WE ARE SPEEDO
The world's leading swimwear brand, Speedo is passionate about life in and around the water. The brand's heritage of innovation derives from its leadership in competitive swimming, where more Olympic Gold Medals have been won in Speedo than any other brand. Unmatched in performance, fit and feel, we are also America’s #1 goggle brand.
From the first splash, to every stroke, the genuine love and excitement we have working with the water is what creates exciting and meaningful relationships.
Speedo is not where we work, but is who we are.
It’s watching a baby in the pool for the first time or our athletes make history. What we do is sacred to us and our connection to the rest of water lovers around the world. Driven by the challenge, not the glory. At Speedo, it is never enough to be good at what you do; you have to love what you do.
Speedo is a part of the Pentland Brands Limited Family.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, SeaVees, Red or Dead and we’re the UK licensee for Kickers and have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear. Our products are available in over 190 countries and are sold either directly by Group companies or are represented by licensees and distributors.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,200 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
We believe in building brands for the world to love, generation after generation. Your potential is our potential and together we can build and grow brands that last.
As Product Development Manager, you will be leading a team responsible for bringing innovative ideas to life to create a product line that stands out from the competition. You should have an excellent eye for detail, a passion for staying on top of the latest fashion trends, and the ability to collaborate effectively with other team members. You’ll also need strong analytical and problem-solving skills to be able to turn ideas into reality.
- Manage a team responsible for product development across all product categories.
- Specialize in the development and delivery of our top level Elite suits and most innovative product innovation.
- Execute seasonal development, commercialization and pre production on time according to Critical Path and go to market strategies set forth by Brand HQ
Partner with design on new concepts and techniques to support continuous product innovation
- Partner with University’s, Colleges, and athletes to perform scientific wear-testing studies to inform swim and product innovation
- Sourcing and developing raw materials
- Supervise negotiations, product development, adoption, sourcing, vendor allocation and production processes across multiple market and product development vendors
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with suppliers and vendors to ensure that materials and components are of the highest quality and delivered on time
- Partner with factories to ensure the highest quality production and develop new fabric, construction techniques, processes and samples needed to create innovative and technically sound product
- Execute best business processes and relationships in concert with Brand HQ and Pentland Asia
- Driving calendar discipline through critical path calendar; Measure product creation team progress, Identify and drive process improvement throughout the product creation process
- Hindsight wins and losses for season
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- 5-7+ years professional experience in design or product development in hard goods
- Bachelor's Degree in related field
- Cloud-based management software (PLM and/or ERP) proficiency
- Attention to detail
- Process execution and follow-up
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to influence and communicate with all levels
- Works both independently and collaboratively
- Ability to develop relationships within the department, with global partners and external contacts
- How to effectively manage a professional, geographically spread team
- Cost engineering a plus