Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
Key Purpose of Job:
To support on-time development of all products for the TeamSports category using product engineering from concept stage ensuring consumer relevance, optimal cost, quality assurance, reliability, regulatory compliance, safety and speed-to-market.
- Support product manufacture feasibility and product/cost engineering and breakdown analysis to deliver cost management/validation to margin requirements for assigned products
- Creation and translation of all development documentation ensuring clarity and understanding throughout the supply chain ensuring key calendar milestones are achieved.
- Interface with Asia team counterparts to support development process and prototype approval, empowering ‘close to source’ responsibilities
- To provide key milestones ‘hit rate’ statistics for monthly KPI reports - Creation of product specifications, testing, prototype assessments and sealed samples OTIF
- Maintain an awareness of specific market intelligence and innovation, optimising advances in new technology and upholding Brand standards
- Ensure Insight and customer needs are at the center of development decision making and Product engineering
- Collaborate with category product team to understand and accomplish seasonal product concepts. Participate in fit sessions and product review with product team regarding assigned products, instruct amendments to vendors to ensure prototypes accurately reflect construction specifications.
- Integration of Quality and CI feedback loops – Risk assessment to ensure early identification and input on product construction, testing, regulatory and safety compliance, manufacturing capability and efficiencies.
What you need to have:
- Product Development experience within the TeamSports category (Swim, Outdoor, Team Sports)
- A strong understanding and empathy with the end user.
- Good computer skills including Word, Power Point, Excel and E mail.
- Ability to think creatively with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to self-manage, prioritise work and multi task.
What we need to see in you:
- A good communicator with strong interpersonal skills – able to communicate to a wide and diverse audience.
- Strong team player, good interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to identify, work with & influence key stakeholders.
- Passionate about our products, Development and company success.
This overview gives you a feel for what you’ll be doing day to day but it’s not an A to Z.