Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
- Product development and product/process engineering.
- Communication between key stakeholders and vendors.
- Critical information documentation.
- Ensure all samples are executed as per the Brand’s requirements and specifications as well as making sure that they are delivered on time.
Essential jobs to do:
- Ensure all products are developed and engineered in accordance with the design and specification requirements detailed by UK design team while maintaining an emphasis on performance, cost, aesthetics, and integrity.
- Have high awareness on development timelines and keep vendors on track.
- Good understanding of supplier timelines. (Fabric, trims, print and embroidery etc.)
- Ensure sample delivery on time in good quality.
- Assort necessary development tracking reports and documents for samples, materials, quality and delivery etc., and keep reports updated.
- Support vendors in product engineering and process improvement.
- Connect with teams in China and UK to report project progress and recommend solutions, both in phone conferences and emails.
- Support factory product quality assurance and provide guidance.
What you need to have:
College degree of textile with 2-years product development/engineering experience. Or 3 years cut and sew product development experience in international brand company.
Sports and casual backpack development/engineering experience, or factory would be a plus.
Good command of spoken and written English.
Basic IT knowledge (Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
What we need to see in you:
- Strong team player with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Able and willing to work under own initiative
- Champion positive attitude and cross culture working ethics
- Passionate about product development and company success
- Commercially aware, but challenge the norm with regards to product development and costing structure
This overview gives you a feel for what you’ll be doing day to day but it’s not an A to Z.