Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
The role you’d play:
As a Product Copywriter reporting to Senior Creative Copywriter you will develop compelling copy for B2B and B2C channels. You will collaborate closely with the Creative teams in the development of compelling product descriptions and seasonal product propositions.
You will need to understand and interpret client briefs and deliver outstanding copy. You will be responsible for ensuring the message to the audience is communicated clearly and creatively and builds brand credibility.
- You will be familiar with collaborating closely with the creative team in the development of creative concepts and for multiple consumer touch points including printed catalogues, digital including e-commerce, social media and instore messaging
- You will write relevant and engaging product copy that inspires and connects with the brands audiences (Sport, outdoor and lifestyle) and maintain high writing standards for all Brands.
- Adept at communicating our products' credibility with brevity and present ourselves in the right way is essential to selling, credibly connecting with consumers and building the reputation of our brands
The must haves:
- Experience in a reputable creative agency or in-house team
- Worked on Active, Lifestyle and Footwear categories is beneficial but not essential
- You enjoy a variety of briefs but equally relish writing copy for a large volume of products
- Previous experience in writing for B2B and B2C
- Track record in the ability to work well with creative and digital teams and collaborate effectively
- Relevant experience working in an environment that is fast-paced and deadline driven
- You are able to work independently and self-manage multiple projects
- You will be familiar working to brand TOV guidelines
- High level of productivity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An understanding and knowledge of integrated brand activation and consumer behaviour in all relevant channels
- Passionate about delivering great copy that is commercially effective
- Open to take and action feedback
- Excellent attention to detail and quality proofreading skills
- A good team player, able to work accurately under pressure
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of SEO to maximise reach to our target audience
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, and knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
If this sounds like the perfect role, please apply and we’ll be in touch soon.