As a key member of Pentland’s Product Compliance Team, you will be responsible for ensuring that our products conform to all regional safety, chemical and labelling legislation.
You will provide expert knowledge on chemical compliance in particular, interpreting regulation and global standards.
You will support the UK team by risk assessing new product development and ensuring all relevant certification is readily available.
The role you’d play:
- Acting as the subject expert in product chemical compliance, providing interpretation of standards and advice to product teams.
- Keeping up to date with changing EU/UK regulations, concerning all Pentland products (Apparel and Hardgoods), including labelling and packaging requirements.
- Taking the lead on implementation and maintenance of external certifications
- Supporting proactive approach to compliance, coordinating with technical team to drive continuous improvement where needed.
- Supporting value added service (VAS) activities in the region such as labelling requirements in specific markets.
- Providing expert and timely compliance advice to UK product teams in the form of product risk assessments and by contributing to quality assurance/product development manuals.
- Maintaining and updating compliance related documentation and processes.
- Working with the Customer Operation team and be a main point of contact to confidently answer customers product compliance queries
- Ensuring product labelling compliance for all products sold by Pentland Brands.
What you’d bring:
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal - with experience in communicating technical information and standards to a variety of audiences.
- Expert knowledge in chemical compliance and legislation.
- Experience in product testing protocol/processes.
- Knowledge of international compliance standards and product safety.
- Good crisis management skills.
- Ability to self-manage, prioritise work and multi task.
- A strong ‘team player’ mindset.
- Ability to identify, work with and influence key stakeholders.
- Passion about our products, development and company success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive remuneration package
- SMART working
- Brand and retail perks
- Financial perks
- Travel perks
- Time out perks
- Wellbeing commitment
Who we are
Pioneering Brands that Make Life Better
We are Pentland Brands, a global business touching the lives of millions through some of the world’s most-loved active and footwear brands. We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, Ellesse, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the UK licensee for Kickers and have a joint venture with Lacoste footwear.
We have a rich and remarkable history, of family, of ambition and of innovation, of leading from the front with a legacy of outstanding brands and equally outstanding people. Of pioneering brands that make life better. Brands that create an emotional connection with our consumers and help keep people on the move. Brands that do good, that form part of a positive business that takes action for people and planet.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop because we know this is an exceptional place to build brands and build your career. We want you to come to work every day excited about what we can achieve when we have a clear and single-minded focus on being consumer-centric and relentlessly focused on improving our performance.
Always guided by our principles, we not only do a great job, but we also do it in the right way; success is a team game; with clarity and courage; better as standard; in good conscience. We believe every individual has the power to shape the Pentland of the future, by making sure that every day we’re better than the day before. Join our team of passionate, exceptional individuals, and do the best work of your life.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.
Apply for this position