Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
Key Purpose of Job:
A leader in the development of medium-long term category strategy that drives brand growth in key categories, markets & retailers.
This role is critical in the planning and execution of consumer-led ranges that are compelling to our shareholders, partners, retailers and shoppers and deliver against our brands commercial targets, strategic priorities and brand positioning.
- A senior manager and role-model within the brand’s product team.
- Management of a product team with the need to allocate and develop the team to deliver the brands product range requirements.
- Highlight opportunities for growth within the category as part of the brand planning process in order to support the building of an achievable brand strategy.
- Determine range roadmap and product solutions that deliver the brand strategy.
- Accountable for annual & seasonal plans including range architecture, SCO count & productivity, product mix, product segmentation and margin to meet agreed brand objectives.
- Manage product lifecycle and churn levels in order to deliver agreed commercial and brand KPIs.
- Operate effectively in a matrix structure, working closely with key functional teams across Commercial, Sales and Planning, Category Merchandising, Innovation, Design, Development, Sourcing, Finance, Legal, Marketing & Insights.
- Identify market opportunity and consumer need for innovation and NPD and feed into the brand planning process. Brief and work with the Pentland Innovation team to build commercially feasible solutions that support and deliver brand plans
- Propose appropriate range architecture and positioning based on deep understanding of consumer and competitor landscape, product and feature benchmarking and brand strategy.
- Speedo brand management and product/design team / Sales & Planning, customer management for key markets and retailers, Strategic Customer team / innovation / product development and sourcing
What you need to have:
- Extensive category experience and understanding of the broader Outdoor market
- Strong understanding and appreciation of the end to end concept-to-consumer (C2C) process.
- Strong understanding of how to gain and translate consumer needs into product.
- Experience in leading and developing teams of product managers, managing cross-functional matrix teams and working / collaborating effectively across a matrixed business.
- Demonstrable success within category management roles.
- Proven ability to propose, implement and deliver mid-term strategic initiatives.
- Proven influencing skills at all levels of the business and especially with cross functional teams.
What we need to see in you:
- Able to create buy-in, support and belief in their plans within the organisation.
- Capable of working and behaving in a way that is true to Pentland Brand’s principles.
- Curious; quick to identify trends and patterns; always looking for ways to improve category performance.
- Driven to exceed expectations, a self-starter and self-motivator.
- Perceived as credible and an expert in their area with an ability to challenge upwards and across functions to drive initiatives through to completion.
- Strongly analytical, solution driven and result oriented; able to consider both the bigger picture and scrutinise detail when necessary;
- Excellent in presentation and interpersonal skills. Able to convey complex issues simply and communicate with conviction and awareness of functional, cultural and regional differences.
This overview gives you a feel for what you’ll be doing day to day but it’s not an A to Z.