This role is key in ensuring that Speedo’s content resonates and engages with the consumer, evoking a response that builds brand heat, brand consideration and brand loyalty.
As part of the brand team, you will be responsible for helping to maximise the performance of our social channels, increasing brand awareness and reach and nurturing our audience. You will also support on generating creative social media content to use across multiple channels, to support our ambitious content marketing plans and meet our marketing targets.
You will work closely with our PR agency on PR initiatives, including press requests and influencer campaigns.
Above all, you know how to make brands resonate in culture, and to use culture as a brand building tool.
Pioneering brands that make life better
We are Pentland Brands, a global business touching the lives of millions through some of the worlds most-loved active and footwear brands. We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the UK licensee for Kickers and have a joint venture with Lacoste footwear.
We have a rich and remarkable history, of family, of ambition and of innovation, of leading from the front with a legacy of outstanding brands and equally outstanding people. Of pioneering brands that make life better.
Brands that create an emotional connection with our consumers and help keep people on the move. Brands that do good, that form part of a positive business that takes action for people and planet.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop because we know this is an exceptional place to build brands and build your career. We want you to come to work every day excited about what we can achieve when we have a clear and single-minded focus on being consumer-centric and relentlessly focused on improving our performance.
Always guided by our principles, we not only do a great job, but we also do it in the right way; success is a team game; with clarity and courage; better as standard; in good conscience.
We believe every individual has the power to shape the Pentland of the future, by making sure that every day we’re better than the day before. Join our team of passionate, exceptional individuals, and do the best work of your life.
The role you’d play:
- You will support the Content, Community and PR lead and broader brand team in leading on the day-to-day of social media, including content scheduling, community management, spotting trends, feeding back on the impact of our campaigns and weekly and monthly analysis and reporting
- Specifically on social media
- Day to day management of our channels including replying to comments and DMs and engaging with followers with the overall aim to grow our following and brand reach and fulfil the brand’s social media strategy
- Content scheduling
- Weekly and monthly analysis and reporting
- Competitive research and reporting
- Content ideation and planning, feeding into the weekly and monthly social media calendar
- Support on producing engaging, shareable content for use across channels, working with PCA and other content creators to align with the overall marketing objectives
- Support and feed into how content is best adapted and served across our different channels to maximise its impact
- Tracking UGC and sharing with Digital and Marketing team to make best use of its content
- You will support the Content, Community and PR lead, borader brand teamand PR agency in all our PR activity, including influencer campaigns
- Specifically on PR
- Lead on our activity with influencers, including regular outreach and building our database
- Work with PR agency on tracking press coverage, overseeing image and sample requests, campaign outreach and any relevant event
The must haves:
- Solid proven working experience in social media and PR role
- Experience with photography and videography
- Proficient in Adobe suite
- A strong eye for detail
- Passion, enthusiasm, creativity and a willingness to learn
- Passionate about rugby. Lives and breathes that world
- Able to focus and prioritise. Likes a quick pace.
- Consumer-centric. Understands that they are at the heart of everything.
- Performance driven. Constantly analysing what works and what does not and refining accordingly