At Pentland Brands, we take pride in being the driving force behind two legendary brands, Mitre and Ellesse. Our commitment to quality and innovation has established us as leaders in the industry. Now, we're looking for a Planning Merchandiser to join our team and continue our journey of excellence.
As a Planning Merchandiser, ensure that Mitre and Ellesse products are not just available but are strategically positioned to achieve our financial growth plans.
- Plan category and product type (Mainline, SMU, Exclusive) volumes linked to financial growth plans, history and known product, market, or account investment strategies.
- Produce key pre-season forecasts used for vendor and material at key forecasting stage gates. Collaborate with Regional Product Merch & Commercial to build market, key account, rest of business line level forecasting.
- Drive demand reviews with commercial ensuring that changes in current/future demand are understood and acted upon. Ensure that the probability of forecasted demand is understood, and challenge robustness based on direct history, trending on similar categories/styles.
- Prepare and submit the monthly buy summaries ensuring clear visibility of proposed spend by units, cash, top categories, styles, customer mix, firm orderbook vs. forecast.
- Own and maintain the buy calendar ensuring it keeps pace with a changing environment, allows maximum collection of firm demand and each cycle allows time for check and challenge before sign off / purchase order placement.
- Embed, own, and maintain NOOS programs and safety stock rules.
- Be the gatekeeper of which market/customer stock investments were for and work with commercial to ensure there is in season/year sales conversion.
- Monitor orderbook movements and work with work with commercial and inventory planners to form revised plans where required.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive remuneration package
- Hybrid / smart working
- Brand and retail perks
- Financial perks
- Travel perks
- Time out perks
- Wellbeing commitment
Pentland Brands are moving their London Hub to Farringdon in 2024. At the point at which the Company establishes its office in Farringdon the normal place of work for London based roles shall be automatically redesignated to that location.
Who we are:
We are Pentland Brands, a global business touching the lives of millions through some of the world’s most-loved active and footwear brands. We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, Ellesse, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead.
We have a rich and remarkable history, of family, of ambition and of innovation, of leading from the front with a legacy of outstanding brands and equally outstanding people. Of pioneering brands that make life better. Brands that create an emotional connection with our consumers and help keep people on the move. Brands that do good, that form part of a positive business that takes action for people and planet.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop because we know this is an exceptional place to build brands and build your career. We want you to come to work every day excited about what we can achieve when we have a clear and single-minded focus on being consumer-centric and relentlessly focused on improving our performance.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.
Apply for this position