Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the UK licensee for Kickers and have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
We are creating two new People Experience Partner roles, that together play a crucial role in the Talent & Engagement Team, working across the key areas of the Pentland global people experience, from hire to retire, including learning and development, performance, talent, engagement, HR communication and recognition.
You will work together with your People Experience Partner colleague, to define our people experience whilst also accelerating our move towards a self-serve philosophy. These roles must stand back from their area of responsibility and recognise opportunities to progress and strive for simplicity in the activities that we undertake, keeping the experience we want to create for our people at the forefront. Whilst this JD has outlined the core activities and responsibilities, the successful candidate will be comfortable flexing and adapting across the spectrum of the people experience as business priorities dictate
The role you’d play:
The HR team are undertaking a global transformation programme to increase consistency across our regions, creating tools, resources and processes that empower employees and managers to effectively self-serve.
You will join at a key time where we are defining new ways of working, making significant changes to our people experience and processes that will empower our managers throughout the employee lifecycle. Your role will be to help ensure the experience continues to be consistent with Pentland’s purpose and principles.
You will work across all areas of the employee lifecycle but with a specific focus on leading our global learning and development offering. Your priorities will flex to accommodate the priorities and needs of the business,.
Your main responsibilities include (but are not limited to!)
- Work with the People Experience Partner colleague to flex across the key areas of the Pentland global people experience; including learning and development, performance, talent, engagement, HR communication and recognition
- Develop and maintain the induction process for new starters to ensure that all new joiners receive an effective onboarding and successful start with Pentland
- Accountable for the design, delivery and implementation of key business wide L&D priorities e.g. Line manager upskilling, High Potential Talent Development, etc.
- Own and drive the L&D curriculum; responsible for developing and/or designing appropriate resources and building engagement with available leaning platforms, identifying ways to engage managers, as well as identifying opportunities to promote appropriate and relevant content aligned to activity in the HR comms calendar or other business campaigns.
- Deliver L&D campaigns, which deliver the engagement, and awareness of the business strategy /purpose and promotes a continuous learning culture.
- Identify innovative ways to evaluate the effectiveness of the development offering
- Be the voice of L&D innovative ways to evaluate the effectiveness of the development offering at Pentland and inspire our employees to own their development using our three E’s approach. Design and deliver ad hoc training and development solutions including bite sized e-learning.
- Identify innovative ways to access the Apprenticeship Levy to support internal development for employees and managers.
- Own and manage the performance cycle, ensuring managers and employees have access to appropriate tools and resources to support them in regular performance and career conversations.
- Along with your People Experience Partner colleague, manage the Talent & Engagement queries from the business, be an ambassador for self-service and will identify opportunities to accelerate our progress.
The must haves:
You will have a solid grounding in learning, development and performance, as this will be the primary focus of the role, but you are also keen to contribute to broader elements of the employee lifecycle such as engagement and recognition.
You will have:
- Previous experience in an L&D advisor or partner role
- A strong understanding of the employee lifecycle and the levers that contribute to a great people experience.
- Experience of leading projects involving cross-functional stakeholders.
- Experience in designing and facilitating workshops and webinars
- Gravitas, with the ability to engage and influence employees and business stakeholders
- Proactive and a self-starter, able to manage multiple projects and stakeholders, reprioritizing where necessary.
- Creative, insightful and practical, able to look at the art of the possible and make it happen.
- Agile, able to get stuck in and be comfortable with change, ambiguity and complexity.
- A strong focus on ROI and measurement of HR activities
- Intermediate or advanced Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint
- Organised, able to plan ahead and with a strong attention to detail