Job title: People Development Specialist
Location: Finchley, N3 2QT, or Nottingham NG2 1EN
Our People Development Specialist plays a crucial role in the Talent and Engagement Team, working across the key areas of the Pentland global people experience, from hire to retire, with a specific focus on talent development and performance, alongside wider global employee engagement, recognition, and development programmes.
You will work to define people experience within the talent development and performance journey whilst accelerating Pentlands move towards a self-serve approach; looking for opportunities to improve and strive for simplicity keeping the experience we want to create for our people at the forefront.
The role you’d play:
- Working for the global Talent & Engagement Manager you will flex across the key areas of the Pentland global people experience, accelerating our plans around our talent strategy, leadership development, performance, and early careers.
- You will develop and maintain the global top talent programme, ensuring return on investment for the business.
- You will own and drive the performance agenda and performance cycle.
- You will identify ways to engage managers, including opportunities to promote appropriate and relevant content aligned to activity in the HR comms calendar or other business campaigns.
- You will act as an ambassador for self-service and identify opportunities to accelerate our progress.
What you’d bring:
- A solid grounding in people development, performance, leadership development with a knowledge of broader elements of the employee lifecycle such as engagement and recognition.
- Previous experience in talent strategies and delivering business goals through professional development, top talent identification and selection and opportunities to leverage early careers.
- Breadth of delivery through employee lifecycle levers that contribute to a great overall people experience.
- Experience of leading projects involving cross-functional stakeholders.
- Experience in designing and facilitating programmes, exciting communications and webinars that support your strategic agenda.
- The ability to engage and influence employees and business stakeholders
- A strong focus on ROI, evaluation, and measurement of HR activities.
- Intermediate or advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills.
What you’ll get:
- Competitive renumeration package
- Hybrid / smart working
- Brand and retail perks
- Financial perks
- Travel perks
- Time out perks
- Support for your wellbeing
Pioneering Brands that Make Life Better
We are Pentland Brands, a global business touching the lives of millions through some of the world’s most-loved active and footwear brands. We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, Ellesse, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the UK licensee for Kickers and have a joint venture with Lacoste footwear.
We have a rich and remarkable history, of family, of ambition and of innovation, of leading from the front with a legacy of outstanding brands and equally outstanding people. Of pioneering brands that make life better. Brands that create an emotional connection with our consumers and help keep people on the move. Brands that do good, that form part of a positive business that takes action for people and planet.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop because we know this is an exceptional place to build brands and build your career. We want you to come to work every day excited about what we can achieve when we have a clear and single-minded focus on being consumer-centric and relentlessly focused on improving our performance.
Always guided by our principles, we not only do a great job, but we also do it in the right way; success is a team game; with clarity and courage; better as standard; in good conscience. We believe every individual has the power to shape the Pentland of the future, by making sure that every day we’re better than the day before. Join our team of passionate, exceptional individuals, and do the best work of your life.
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.