Pattern Cutter 12 Month FTC
Job title: Pattern Cutter 12 Month FTC
Function: Supply Chain
As a member of the Sample Room team, you will be responsible for pattern cutting and manufacturing of technical garment samples, product prototypes and/or mock-ups as requested by the brand. In conjunction with the Sample Room team, you will provide a valuable service to achieve brand business needs, namely working closely with Product Development and Design teams to provide construction solutions to ensure product quality and desirability.
Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
The role you’d play:
- Liaise with the product development and design team in mainline and new product innovation, to enable the delivery of key products and technology platforms.
- Create prototypes, samples, patterns and construction guidelines on time and in full to support mainline and central innovation workstreams, constantly reviewing fit to delight the consumer.
- Servicing brands as a technical centre of excellence.
- Maintain accurate prototype/sample/pattern block library in order to create one accessible archive for all product teams and.
- Maintain an awareness of specific market intelligence and innovation, optimising advances in new technology and prototyping techniques. Utilise digital pattern cutting software (Lectra) and 3D capability
- Enable the delivery of key products and technology platforms in line with the central innovation R&D plan against agreed commercial objectives, timelines and brand strategies.
- Ensure the delivery of prototypes/samples that meet Pentland quality and performance standards
- Monitor the Sample Room material and component inventory and maintain sampling equipment to deliver cost efficiencies to the facility.
- Provide an expert service and mentor members of the Development and Design team to ensure the Sample Room facilities are accessible as required.
- Support external production partners and suppliers, identify new opportunities to create competitive advantage.
- Ensure insight and customer needs are at the center of development decision making and Product engineering, whilst looking for pattern lay and manufacturing cost efficiencies.
- Support any other activities across the business as appropriate.
- Problem solving and thinking in solutions is key.
The must haves:
- Degree or equivalent in courses relevant to textile product design, pattern cutting and development, or demonstrated industry experience.
- Experience and understanding of pattern cutting and construction methods to a high standard within or for a global activewear brand or similar industry.
- Experience in using a broad spectrum of industrial sewing machines, bonding equipment,
- Experience in pattern cutting and fitting garments on both men and women
- Knowledge of technical fabric construction techniques such as waterproof goretex and bonded stretch fabric.
- Experience in the delivery of accurate product samples working in a commercial manufacturing environment including a knowledge of Health and Safety at Work practices
- Exceptional eye for detail and technical knowledge of product construction, including latest market developments and knowhow
- Knowledge of the active/outdoor market to develop a strong understanding and empathy with the end user.
- Experience in maintaining / operating production machinery and prototyping facilities
- Experience in application of computer programs to an appropriate level for the purpose of product development, data management, presentation, report writing and communication
- Proven ability of working with external individuals, institutes and facilities to support prototype and sample development.
- Experience of cross functional team working and integration
- Proven strong communication / listening skills with experience in tailoring style and content dependent on the audience as well as understanding cultural differences and requirements
- Ability to work independently in an organised manner to prioritise and multitask whilst maintaining a strong attention to detail.
If this sounds like the perfect role, please apply and we’ll be in touch soon.Apply for this position