Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
Key Purpose of Job:
Through this customer facing role, you will maximise store sales and profit for our Customer function by maintaining excellent product and brand knowledge, as well as delivering outstanding customer service. You will listen and understand customer requirements to provide individual product recommendations and world class service.
Our Regional Retail teams will be pivotal in meeting our ambition to be brands that are there for the consumer in the moments that matter
- Develop and maintain excellent product knowledge and give outstanding customer service; actively acknowledging & approaching customers, providing accurate product information in line with their feedback and use selling skills to maximise sales of appropriate products.
- Ensure all deliveries are unpacked, checked off against the order correctly before displaying.
- Replenish stock and maintain high standards of merchandise.
- To ensure customer service/returns policies are adhered to at all times.
- To become a brand or category champion in a specific product area, i.e. Competitive Swimwear, Goggles & Equipment, Berghaus Footwear and Clothing or customer returns.
- Maintain professional conduct and dress code at all times.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures, eg. Till operation, timekeeping, health and safety, security.
- Ensure levels of housekeeping is at high standards at all times.
- Ensure Health & Safety of customers, colleagues is adhered to at all times.
- Carry out additional duties when and where necessary within the defined levels of responsibility and accountability for their role (including occasionally supporting other regional stores for Pentland Brands.
Needs to have:
- Proven retail experience preferably in a sports/outdoor industry
- Excellent customer service and selling skills
- Exceptional communication skills to enable you to be credible with the customer
- Helpful, friendly and professional attitude
- Organisation skills
- Flexibility and ability to work independently or well within a team
Needs to be
- An end user with a genuine passion for sports/outdoors is beneficial
- Able to learn and apply new knowledge to various situations
- Able to interact well with others at all levels