- Fixed Term Full-Time
- Pentland Brands
- Sales and Business Development
- UK-London, Finchley (Global Headquarters)
Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
The role you’d play:
Senior Leadership Support
- Diary management and inbox management – organising all aspects of diary. Includes organising meetings both internally and externally, travel logistics (UK and International)
- Long term calendar management ensuring annual cyclical activities run smoothly (meetings, planning & preparation) and schedule review to ensure on-time delivery of key pieces of work
- Ensuring actions and information requests are followed up appropriately
- Regular handling of confidential and sensitive information with the upmost discretion
- Arranging UK and International travel, including flights, trains, hotels, visas, airport transfers, lunch/dinner reservations, managing itineraries and booking meetings
- Collating monthly UK and international expense claims
- Building and maintaining excellent relationships and communications with multitude of contacts, partners and stakeholders, internally and externally on behalf of the function.
- Acting as a champion for the function’s engagement and wellbeing agenda.
- Planning, co-ordinating and managing meetings including venue, refreshments, on-line and AV set up, agenda preparation, blocking preparation time, co-ordinating inputs, preparing papers and typing minutes as required
- Organising team day events with the support of the Team Assistant from sourcing a venue to arranging activities, catering etc.
- Managing people processes for leader’s direct reports including leave requests, absence processes, checking of expenses before passing for approval, new starter set up (including IT equipment and network set up), inductions and co-ordinating the performance review process.
- Assisting colleagues from outside London with hotel reservations, airport transfers, meeting set up, office space/hot desk, access cards etc.
- Supporting on projects for the delivery of Pentland’s strategic objectives for the function
- Proactively identifying opportunities to improve current processes and increase efficiency and effectiveness within the teams
Line Manager to Team Assistant
- Responsibility for managing the Team Assistant for UK Footwear and PSCT.
- Personal Development of the individual in line with Pentland One Year Plan
- Working collaboratively to enable a high level of organisational and administrative support to the team function, ‘allowing our Sales team to sell’
The must haves:
- Relevant experience of working as an assistant at head of function/department level
- Experience in People Management
- Event and Project Management experience ideal
- Advanced Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Good working knowledge of how to put presentations and briefings together
- Attention to detail and time management skills
- Ability to understand and anticipate needs to ensure appropriate outcomes
- Ability to identify and manage the need for Exec involvement and approval
- Ability to remain confidential and professional with sensitive people related data and information
Needs to be:
- An ambassador for the function and Pentland
- Pro-active, exceptionally well organised and able to prioritise, communicate and manage expectations on delivery
- Able to work and deliver under own initiative and build support networks
- Confident, professional and articulate
- Able to liaise & build relationships with people at all levels
- Discreet with sensitive/confidential information
- Able to influence and constantly seeking to improve how we work
- Flexible in approach and ‘can do’ attitude
- Calm under pressure
- Team player within HR function, willing to support where required
If this sounds like the perfect role, please apply and we’ll be in touch soon.