Job Title: National Account Manager - Sports Specialist
Location: UK Field Based with some travel to Ireland.
This National Account Manager role will support Pentland’s strategy in delivering results & performance through Ireland and Specialist sports retailers across Canterbury, Speedo, Berghaus and Mitre. This role will ensure the customer plan is delivered working closely with key functions within the business Brand, Category and Planning. This role is responsible for the delivery of sales, profit and execution of brand initiatives within the whole customer portfolio of facias.
The role you’ll play:
- Accountability for the sales, profit, brand presence and KPI’s of Pentlands business within a set portfolio of accounts – monitor, challenge and lead course-correction recommendations as required.
- Lead the creation and implementation of ambitious long-term growth strategies with customer to maximise revenue opportunities, manage the cost base of the business and achieve sustainable profits and also provide a stable platform for the expansion of the business long term.
- Design, deliver and execute aligned customer joint business plans (1-3 years) that deliver against the financial, go to market / brand presence and efficiency targets.
- Partner with the shopper marketing manager to execute a tailored, annual customer marketing plan aligned to the new business partner plan; ensuring more Pentland propositions are in front of more consumers
- Support and deliver strategic negotiations, lead creative thinking behind trading variables and ensure legal compliance in line with Pentland strategy leveraging value from our commercial agreements to best market our brands and drive consumer experience.
- To manage the investment within the account (including all discretionary spend) ensuring we maximise return and deliver the agreed sale/profit targets.
- Utilise data and insight to scope, recommend and execute plans/opportunities/mitigate risk and drive efficiency opportunities within assigned customers across the Pentland brands business for all areas of the business from shopper marketing to operations.
What you'll bring:
- A proven track record of managing and delivering results as a Key or National Account Manager
- Experience of negotiation
- Commercial acumen - understanding of broader business financial principles and how to manage profitability to achieve financial gains
- Proactive and able to work under pressure
- Ability to utilise market / industry / competitor insight to challenge and influence our category / channel / regional strategies and execute consumer focused propositions with customers
- Strong communication and influencing skills both internally & externally to manage multiple stakeholders
What you’ll get in return:
Competitive renumeration package
Hybrid / smart working
Brand and retail perks
Time out perks
Who we are:
Pioneering Brands that Make Life Better
We are Pentland Brands, a global business touching the lives of millions through some of the world’s most-loved active and footwear brands. We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, Ellesse, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the UK licensee for Kickers and have a joint venture with Lacoste footwear.
We have a rich and remarkable history, of family, of ambition and of innovation, of leading from the front with a legacy of outstanding brands and equally outstanding people. Of pioneering brands that make life better. Brands that create an emotional connection with our consumers and help keep people on the move. Brands that do good, that form part of a positive business that takes action for people and planet.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop because we know this is an exceptional place to build brands and build your career. We want you to come to work every day excited about what we can achieve when we have a clear and single-minded focus on being consumer-centric and relentlessly focused on improving our performance.
Always guided by our principles, we not only do a great job, but we also do it in the right way; success is a team game; with clarity and courage; better as standard; in good conscience. We believe every individual has the power to shape the Pentland of the future, by making sure that every day we’re better than the day before. Join our team of passionate, exceptional individuals, and do the best work of your life.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.
To find out more go to www.pentlandbrands.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.