This European commercial sales role will support Pentland’s strategy in delivering breakthrough results & performance with one of Pentland's identified strategic retailers. Working across assigned Pentland brands (Kickers, Mitre & Canterbury of New Zealand) this role is accountable for sales, profit and brand presence to agreed KPI’s, identifying and removing barriers to ensure success internally and externally. The right candidate will be expected to travel UK and Europe as required.
The role you’d play as National Account Manager for Amazon:
• Lead the creation and implementation of ambitious long-term growth strategies for the brands in line with Pentland customer vision to maximise revenue opportunities, manage the cost base of the business to achieve sustainable profits and provide a stable platform for the expansion of the business long term.
• Design, deliver and execute aligned customer joint business plans (1-3 years) that deliver against the financial, go to market / brand presence and efficiency targets.
• Support annual trade terms negotiations, lead creative thinking behind trading variables and ensure legal compliance in line with Pentland strategy leveraging value from our commercial agreements to best market our brands and drive consumer experience.
• Work closely with the Brand, Data Analysts and Shopper Marketing team to gain greater understanding of consumers & shoppers and analyse trends to scope, recommend and execute plans, identifying opportunities and areas for improvement. Be an integral part of the IBP process.
• Utilise data and insight to scope, recommend and execute plans/opportunities/mitigate risk and drive efficiency opportunities within assigned strategic customer across the Pentland brands business for all areas of the business from trade marketing to operations.
• To manage the investment within Amazon (including all discretionary spend and cost prices) ensuring we maximise return and deliver the agreed sale/profit targets.
• Responsible for ensuring clear internal communication of plans and activity via briefing notes and customer activation calendar.
• Responsibility for internal influence & engagement across the division to align and deliver plans & to bring in a deep understanding of customer & shopper needs into Pentland
• To be an active member of the Pentland Marketplaces & Digital Partnerships team by working within a matrix global team facilitating, sharing & reapplying learnings that allows us to better work in a Pentland first way.
• To take overall responsibility for assigned brands procurement and analysis of sell-in, sell out, stock turn and order book management including overdue order book, customer marketing plan and all assigned KPI’s.
What you’ll bring as National Account Manager for Amazon:
- You’ll have a proven track record of managing and delivering results as a National Account Manager or similar role.
- You will have the ability to build a persuasive selling story
- You will be experienced in negotiation and strong influencing skills
- You can utilise market / industry / competitor insight to challenge and influence our category and channel
- You’ll be experienced in working in a multi-functional team & working in a matrix environment to deliver results
- You demonstrate strong communication skills both internally & externally to manage multiple stakeholders
- Highly numerate, analytical and comfortable using data and insight to inform thinking and build compelling relevant commercial arguments
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive remuneration package
- Brand and retail perks
- Financial perks
- Travel perks
- Time out perks
- Wellbeing commitment
Who we are:
Pioneering Brands that Make Life Better
We are Pentland Brands, a global business touching the lives of millions through some of the world’s most-loved active and footwear brands. We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, Ellesse, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the UK licensee for Kickers and have a joint venture with Lacoste footwear.
We have a rich and remarkable history, of family, of ambition and of innovation, of leading from the front with a legacy of outstanding brands and equally outstanding people. Of pioneering brands that make life better. Brands that create an emotional connection with our consumers and help keep people on the move. Brands that do good, that form part of a positive business that takes action for people and planet.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop because we know this is an exceptional place to build brands and build your career. We want you to come to work every day excited about what we can achieve when we have a clear and single-minded focus on being consumer-centric and relentlessly focused on improving our performance.
Always guided by our principles, we not only do a great job, but we also do it in the right way; success is a team game; with clarity and courage; better as standard; in good conscience. We believe every individual has the power to shape the Pentland of the future, by making sure that every day we’re better than the day before. Join our team of passionate, exceptional individuals, and do the best work of your life.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.
To find out more go to www.pentlandbrands.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.Apply for this position