Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
Key Purpose of Job:
Responsible for stock allocation, and maintaining stock levels of products to retail stores, and e-commerce, in line with key business launches and targets.
To maximise trading opportunities through sales and stock analysis within each store to anticipate and effectively plan for consumer demand.
- Seasonal allocation of new SKU’s and daily/weekly replenishment to stores and ecommerce sites.
- Weekly analysis and reviews of store and e-commerce trading performance to identify issues, opportunities and making recommendations to improve sales/stock performance and sell through rates.
- Planning and maintaining store delivery schedules ensuring cost-efficient replenishments and delivery schedules from the DC.
- Work with the appropriate systems of the department within the channel.
- Seasonal data upload and data maintenance within SAP
- Developing and maintaining relationships with stores to understand demand and missed sales potential.
- Weekly reporting to highlight key risk areas of under/over stock.
- Maintain close relationships with store operations teams
- Maintain communication with brands product & design teams, understanding and working with their operational process, critical path and DNA.
- Develop and maintain connectivity and alignment with the Active Division Demand Planning team and wider Active & Footwear Division Supply Chain function.
What you need to have:
- Experience in an allocator or merchandising assistant role.
- Highly accurate with good attention to detail.
- Strong mathematical skills and confident in sales analysis and budgets.
- Commercially aware and motivated to maximise sales and profit opportunities.
- Strong communication skills.
- Preferably educated to degree level or equivalent
- Strong organisational skills, able to self-manage schedule and workload within a deadline driven environment.
- Highly computer literate, notably Excel.
- SAP experience advantageous.
- Experience of working as part of a team within a commercial role.
- Branded sports/fashion experience preferable
- Multi-channel environment experience preferable
What we need to see in you:
- Highly planned, organised & methodical
- Positive and have a confident approach to getting things done within a very demanding environment
- Able to be hands-on and self motivated with the ability to meet deadlines
- Commercially aware to maximise sales and profit opportunities
- Can demonstrate sound decision-making based on intuition and judgement
This overview gives you a feel for what you’ll be doing day to day but it’s not an A to Z.