Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation
Pentland is the name behind some of the world’s best sports, outdoor and fashion brands.
We own Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Speedo, Boxfresh, Ellesse, KangaROOS, Mitre, Prostar and Red or Dead. We are also the global licensee for Lacoste Chaussures and Ted Baker footwear, the UK licensee for Kickers, and are shareholders in other companies such as Hunter, Butterfly Twists, Heidi Klein and Tracksmith.
We’re a third-generation, family-owned business – and we retain strong family values. We care about people, and that’s what drives our day-to-day work. This year the Great Place to Work® Institute recognised Pentland Brands the 11th Best Workplace in the UK and the 16th Best Workplace in Europe. Our global headquarters is in the UK and we employ 2,000 people across 20 countries around the world.
We believe that doing business the right way, with respect for people and the environment, is essential for ensuring our long-term sustainability - generation after generation. The Pentland values are at the heart of what we do and how we interact with the world around us.
For further information, please visit www.pentland.com.
The role you’d play:
- To plan the seasonal product selection and inventory levels in line with department budget targets and strategy
- Responsible for trading channels through inventory analysis, stock replenishment and weekly trading reporting
- Accountable for providing accurate weekly and monthly trading reports for the team
- Stock/volume planning and control of inventory levels across e-commerce channels.
- To assist in forecasting of sales and profit targets.
- Responsible for managing ‘out of stocks’ online, identifying replacements and maximising use of free stock opportunities to ensure targets are achieved.
- Support in developing the category strategy and managing the merchandising trading calendar.
- Produce accurate reports on a weekly/monthly basis, including monthly and end of season reviews.
- Using reporting and analysis to identify trading opportunities and key future actions to support sales growth and inventory reduction.
- Stock management to ensure delivery of all marketing campaigns, business focus areas, trials and events.
- Maintaining stock levels and availability in line with department KPI’s
The must haves:
- High numeracy levels with a keen eye for detail.
- Can demonstrate sound decision-making based on intuition and judgement
- Good communication and excellent team player, confident dealing with colleagues at all levels including management
- Effective time management, organisation and prioritisation skills
- Previous retail experience within merchandising at Assistant Merchandiser or Junior Merchandiser level within retail and/or e-commerce
- Use of Microsoft packages including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Highly analytical with strong (advanced) excel skills
- Commercially aware to maximise sales and profit opportunities
- Able to be hands-on and self-motivated with the ability to meet deadlines