Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
Key Purpose of Job:
You will be responsible for trading your own areas as well as assisting in the inventory analysis, visitor behaviour trends, range planning, stock replenishment and weekly trading reporting. You will also be accountable for providing accurate reports for the Merchandising Manager and identify key trading opportunities in which you will be able to pro-actively propose actions in response.
- To assist the Merchandise Manager with seasonal product selection, range planning and online launch scheduling.
- To assist the Merchandise Manager in forecasting sales and profit, create stock plans and control the levels of inventory.
- Monitor, and report on out of stocks.
- Support the Merchandising Manager in developing the category strategy and managing the merchandising trading calendar.
- Being accountable for your own product areas/brand and identifying trading opportunities and promotions.
- Produce accurate reports on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Keep the Merchandising trackers and sales plans up to date.
We would be open to this role being based in our Nottingham or Sunderland based office depending on the right candidate.
What you need to have:
- Experience in Retail Merchandising or Ecommerce Merchandising
- Knowledge of buying processes and forecasting
- Advanced skills in Excel spread sheets, and how to manipulate data to produce analysis
- Experience of analysing data and presenting in a format tailored to specific audiences
What we need to see in you:
- Highly planned, organised & methodical
- Positive and have a confident approach to getting things done within a very demanding environment
- Strong attention to detail, with analytical and commercial mindset
This overview gives you a feel for what you’ll be doing day to day but it’s not an A to Z.