Berghaus is one of those rare brands: a pioneer in what we do. For over 50 years, we’ve been
making great value, durable kit that gets you out and keeps you out. We’re fortunate enough to look
back on a rich history of innovations that have not only steered us into market-leading positions but
have fundamentally changed the category for the better.
Yet despite this heritage, we have been quiet for the last few years. In fact, we would go as far as
saying we lost our way a bit. But that’s all about to change. Our guiding mandate right now is to put
this brand rightfully back on the outdoors map and reclaim our status as one of the originals.
We’re getting closer to consumers to create products that will be talked about, reconstructing how the
brand shows up, showcasing our ranges like never before, and collaborating in new and original
To propel us forward, we’re looking for the very best talent to join our journey to transform
one of the world’s most iconic outdoor brands by putting the Berghaus back into Berghaus.
Acting as a support to the Head of Product Merchandising with close links to the commercial team you will build, select, forecast, and deliver a strong range for our Berghaus brand across our outdoor account base which includes priority customers such as JDO, our Outdoor Independent business and the DACH region.
You will be working cross functionally to make sure we have the right product, right time in context of our customer and consumer needs. Always looking at the world through a data driven lens to ensure we are clear on expectation, drive productivity and support our ambitious market plans.
- Set and build the range architecture for the Berghaus outdoor range that balances the need for Core, NPD, SMU and Exclusives across multiple channels and markets whilst staying true to our brand DNA and brand initiatives
- Create and drive regional line plans which focus on all year round drops and tie to market, channel, customer, and consumer need. Maximise our opportunity through right product at the right time
- Be the gatekeeper of gross margin targets to ensure the return on investment is viable or the pursuit of reaching a new consumer is understood
- Embed a data driven approach and ensure that sell in / sell through results can be measured against expectation and feedback into a robust lesson learnt process which shapes the forward plan
- Place emphasis on driving an established and reliable Core range which achieves a high level of reach, margin return and is productive for us and our vendor / material suppliers
- Co create SMU and Exclusive brief which delivery to target including sales, margin and MOQ in support of Brand and Product guidelines
- Partner with the Brand Director, Head of Design and Solutions Leads to balance the shape of the range, encouraging the product creation team to deliver highly commercial propositions alongside Product Innovation and brand valuable newness
- Establish clear pricing architecture that encompasses Good, Better, Best and ensures SRP harmonization across key markets
- Define the product lifecycle whilst ensuring that performance and trend analysis keeps us relevant, fresh, and reactive
- Think globally whilst catering for regional and local needs
- Conduct and playback analysis on consumer, customer, and market insight to ensure range build is optimised and adopted in line with the relevant opportunity
- Complete competitor pricing and trend analysis
- Work closely with the commercial team and key retailer merch teams to build joint plans
- Work closely with the demand planning team to ensure OTB and intake planning is aligned to productivity and drop strategy
- Manage and coach a Product Merchandising Assistant
- High numeracy levels with a keen eye for detail.
- Can influence with a positive and proactive attitude
- Can demonstrate sound decision-making based on intuition and judgement
- Effective communication and excellent collaborator, confident dealing with colleagues at all levels including management
- Effective time management, organisation, and prioritisation skills
- Previous experience within merchandising at Merchandiser level
- Use of Microsoft packages including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Highly analytical with strong (advanced) excel skills and a data driven approach
- Commercially aware to maximise sales and profit opportunities
- Able to be hands-on and self-motivated with the ability to meet deadlines
- Experience through an outdoor lens
- An ambassador of brand quality, taste and execution
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive remuneration package
- Hybrid / smart working
- Brand and retail perks
- Financial perks
- Travel perks
- Time out perks
- Wellbeing commitment
Who we are:
Pioneering Brands that Make Life Better
We are Pentland Brands, a global business touching the lives of millions through some of the world’s most-loved active and footwear brands. We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, Ellesse, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the UK licensee for Kickers and have a joint venture with Lacoste footwear.
We have a rich and remarkable history, of family, of ambition and of innovation, of leading from the front with a legacy of outstanding brands and equally outstanding people. Of pioneering brands that make life better. Brands that create an emotional connection with our consumers and help keep people on the move. Brands that do good, that form part of a positive business that takes action for people and planet.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop because we know this is an exceptional place to build brands and build your career. We want you to come to work every day excited about what we can achieve when we have a clear and single-minded focus on being consumer-centric and relentlessly focused on improving our performance.
Always guided by our principles, we not only do a great job, but we also do it in the right way; success is a team game; with clarity and courage; better as standard; in good conscience. We believe every individual has the power to shape the Pentland of the future, by making sure that every day we’re better than the day before. Join our team of passionate, exceptional individuals, and do the best work of your life.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.
Apply for this position