Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
Reporting to the Assistant Manager, this role is responsible for supporting sourcing activities and merchandising operations.
Needs to Do:
- Support the implementation of sourcing strategies;
- Manage and execute all merchandising operations including capacity, stock holding and on-time delivery;
- Perform monthly vendor performance review and follow up corresponding actions for continuous improvement;
- Manage and execute all SAP system-related transactions and data governance;
- Plan and perform seasonal costing negotiation with vendors;
- Work cross-functionally with the UK-based team and Asia colleagues to deliver divisional goals and objectives;
- Support sourcing new vendors where gaps are identified;
- Manage vendor relationships for day-to-day operations in terms of service level agreement and calendar milestones;
- Maintain sound awareness of specific market intelligence in terms of product category as well as global supply chain and sourcing;
- Support end-to-end product development for product launch.
What you need to have
- 4-5 years’ merchandising experience, preferably with sports equipment or other hardgoods;
- Sound knowledge of supply chain management on global basis;
- Effective calendar management in an International Brand, Retail or FMCG environment;
- Experience in working directly with vendors and ability to drive performance;
- Knowledge of product costing, SAP or other ERP systems;
- Sportswear/ Outdoor equipment knowledge preferred;
- Strong communications skills in a multi-cultural environment;
- Good analytical skills, problem solving skills and attention to detail;
What we need to see in you
- A good team player;
- Proficient in written and spoken English and Mandarin;
- Prepared to have occasional travel to China and overseas when necessary.
This overview gives you a feel for what you’ll be doing day to day but it’s not an A to Z.