Merchandise Planner Speedo
MERCHANDISE PLANNER - Speedo USA
WE ARE SPEEDO
The world's leading swimwear brand, Speedo is passionate about life in and around the water. The brand's heritage of innovation derives from its leadership in competitive swimming, where more Olympic Gold Medals have been won in Speedo than any other brand. Unmatched in performance, fit and feel, we are also America’s #1 goggle brand.
From the first splash, to every stroke, the genuine love and excitement we have working with the water is what creates exciting and meaningful relationships.
Speedo is not where we work, but is who we are.
It’s watching a baby in the pool for the first time or our athletes make history. What we do is sacred to us and our connection to the rest of water lovers around the world. Driven by the challenge, not the glory. At Speedo, it is never enough to be good at what you do; you have to love what you do.
Speedo is a part of the Pentland Brands Limited Family.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, SeaVees, Red or Dead and we’re the UK licensee for Kickers and have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear. Our products are available in over 190 countries and are sold either directly by Group companies or are represented by licensees and distributors.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,200 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
We believe in building brands for the world to love, generation after generation. Your potential is our potential and together we can build and grow brands that last.
The Merchandise Planner will drive the category range planning process to create seasonal plans for products that answer the needs of our consumers.
- Multi-year trend analysis, identification of assortment opportunities, style productivity and profitability assessment.
- Analyze business performance to identify risks and opportunities and provide insights to support business decisions
- Partner with the Commercial Sales and Finance teams to tie all forecasting to company-wide goals
- Work in consultation with cross functional teams including those from Merchandising, Sourcing, Commercial, and Demand Planning, to determine product life cycle, carryover, and new development needs.
- Assist other departments within the organization by exchanging critical information and data necessary for proper coordination to goal
- Provide product costing targets to achieve category margin requirements.
- Develop KPI’s and benchmarks for assortments by distribution channel.
- Provide summary reporting and presentation to leadership for review and approval.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- 3-5 years’ experience in Merchandise Planning, Retail/Wholesale Sales Analysis, or related
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Strong computer skills including data warehouse/report development tools
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Experience with SAP, Centric/PLM a plus
- Strong communication skills including the ability to work in a team environment, give honest, direct feedback, and is a solid verbal and written communicator.
- Ability to gather large amounts of data and present it in a way that is easily understood by all levels of the company
- Deliver visual presentations effectively
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and manage time, multiple tasks, and deadlines effectively
- Ability to simplify and move at pace
- Understanding of data structures, mapping, SQL appreciated
Pay Range: $71,000 - $98,000 annually
Base pay is a portion of our total compensation package and determined within a range that allows growth and development within your role. Your base pay will be determined based on experience, skills and qualifications.
Speedo and Pentland Brands are an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications, consistent with applicable law and without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. In addition to complying with all applicable laws, we have a strong corporate commitment to inclusion, diversity and to ensuring that all current and future associates are compensated solely on job-related factors such as skill, ability, educational background, work quality, experience and potential. To achieve these goals, applicants are asked not to disclose salary history information.Apply for this position