Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
Key Purpose of the Job:
- Assist Material Manager to manage end-to-end Material sourcing activities which include sourcing, development, costing, quality and bulk planning.
- Ensure design, performance and cost requirements are met. Maintain Material data integrity through a thorough data management process.
- Partner with key stakeholders from Brand, Development, Quality Assurance and Merchandising both in UK and HK to provide material sourcing services and reliable support to the team.
- Ensure materials conform with brand’s expectations on both material and product form.
- Support company’s Corporate Responsibility initiatives to drive supplier’s compliant as well as a higher usage of sustainable materials.
Needs to Do:
- Keep up to date on new technologies and innovations and able to provide input to support product design and concept
- Work with suppliers to translate Trend brief, conduct material research and identify new development needs
- Establish and agree the technical criteria on which the company standards are based, together with the product team, suppliers and internal and external laboratories. Any new standards requirements should be agreed and documented with the UK
- Manage material development from brief to quality sign off
- Ensure all fabrics and related components meet with the agreed technical criteria, and ensure that suppliers comply with them
- Support product development team on the Wearer Trial procedure
- Assist and monitoring the lab dip approval timeline, colour standard and visual standard distribution. Ensure seasonal colour deadline are met
- Conduct risk assessment to identify potential issues on quality during development process, alert business and provide suggestions to resolve issue or offer alternative solutions
- Monitor market raw material price trend, analyze and evaluate potential impacts to the business
- Develop Negotiation Package and conduct material price negotiation with suppliers
- Work with UK Planning team to translate product demand into material forecast
- Partner with suppliers to manage capacity assessment and capacity booking for both sample and bulk orders
- Ensure latest forecast is received by suppliers for greige preparation and production capacity planning. Manage material pre-built if required
- Keep track on suppliers’ bulk quality performance via Quality tracker tool
- Oversee suppliers 1st bulk approval, Print S/O approval and color continuity performance.
- Ensure compliance of all materials to legal requirements, keep up-to-date with changing legislation
- Partner with Corporate Responsibility team to increase supplier’s compliance level and to drive materials sustainable initiatives
- Visit regularly key suppliers to ensure smooth collaboration
- Manage Material supplier performance scorecard
- Conduct regular business plan meeting with suppliers
- Maintain Material Supplier Capacity Matrix
- Manage material library and database to create Material Footprint visibility
- Support Material Sourcing Strategies development
What you need to have:
- Material knowledge is a must – Lifestyle and Functional materials (both fabric and trims)
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English and Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese)
- Strong Communication skill
- Strong Negotiation skill
- Business acumen
- Logical thoughts
What we need to see in you:
- Detail Oriented
- Good team player
This overview gives you a feel for what you’ll be doing day to day but it’s not an A to Z.