Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
As Materials Manager, you will provide material sourcing services by partnering with key stakeholders from Brand’s Design and Product management team to develop and commercialize technical and innovative materials. Present pioneering ideas and explore commercial opportunities for the groups/brands product lines. Engage with Material Technologists, Product Assurance, Developers and Suppliers to ensure materials conform with brand standard and requirement from material to product. Support CR team to implement sustainability initiatives and drive more sustainable materials to use on our products.
This role is fundamental in our desire to create world class performance brands. You will need a proven track record in material innovation, sourcing and development.
The role you’d play:
This role is all about identifying new, progressive, innovative materials and turning them into irresistible products. To achieve this:
- Your wide network of research, academic and industrial partners will enable you to ensure the brand is constantly at the forefront of understanding new and innovative material technologies.
- Your technical expertise combined with a collaborative nature, will enable you to partner with key suppliers and influence their development plans. Ultimately leading to the brand being first to market with new materials that have been developed specifically for the needs of our consumers.
- You will immerse yourself in the brand, it’s values and strategic direction. This will enable you to combine your acute understanding of what our consumers want, with an expert view of what is possible today and what will be possible tomorrow.
- This role is all about turning ideas with potential, into irresistible products. These products will be pushing technical boundaries but will still need to meet the design brief, be commercially viable, pass exacting standards, meet CR requirements and be available at the right time. Delivering this means working collaboratively with key stakeholders such as Design, Product, Development, CR, Product Assurance, Vendors and Suppliers within appropriate timelines.
- Coordinate with Asia sourcing team to manage key supplier relationships
The must haves:
- Material expertise is essential, ideally with Outdoor product experience.
- Experience of relevant active wear materials development management, can be from brand house, trading or manufacture
- Degree Textile Technology or related qualification.
- In depth knowledge of textile technology, quality standards, test methods, manufacturing, finishing, printing and dying techniques
- Strong Communication and Negotiation skills
- Desire to work collaboratively across functional teams
- Ability to self-manage and multitask with strong attention to detail
- Passionate about products
- Be a good team player
If this sounds like the perfect role, please apply and we’ll be in touch soon.