Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the UK licensee for Kickers and have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
A rounded digital commerce trading role supporting the delivery of the regional Marketplaces & Digital partnerships plan. Responsible for the onboarding and day to day trading of our marketplaces platform business.
Working with our Brand, Planning, Digital teams and our external partners this role will support the delivery of building the infrastructure we need to enable us to deliver more of our propositions to more shoppers and drive sales & profit.
Working alongside the EMEA commercial teams, this role will support the development of our digital partnerships with key retail partners.
The role you’d play:
- Responsible for the trading performance (sales, profit, brand presence and operational KPI’s) of our Pentland Brands business across defined marketplace platforms.
- Working within our monthly planning cycles managing rolling forecasts along with risks and opportunities
- Owns the set-up process of new business and ongoing data optimization to ensure we maximize conversion on site
- Working with the wholesale and shopper marketing teams to build aligned plans that support the delivery of key commercial trading tactics and KPI’s for assigned accounts.
- Collaborate with key customer contacts and multiple functions across the business to ensure we are delivering our game plan.
- Utilize data to plan and adjust the commercial plan and make course correct where necessary.
- Working as part of the Marketplaces project team you will be the commercial contact and ensure all required inputs and actions are carried out when onboarding new customers.
- Working closely with Planning Team to ensure strong availability, ensuring greater insight goes into collaborative buying reviews and that we are deploying our inventory in the most profitable manner.
- Working with external partners and providers ensuring we can deliver profitable model / solutions where required.
- Being an active member of the M&DP team, you will share and apply best practice to drive efficiency and effectiveness.
The must haves:
- Experience of working in digital commerce and knowledge of online retailing principles.
- Strong commercial acumen and analytical skills
- Good organizational and planning skills.
- Experience of using data packages e.g. SAP BW
- You are highly numerate, analytical, and comfortable using data and insight to inform thinking along with strong Excel skills.
- You have strong planning, organizational and prioritization skills.
- You are an ambassador for the Pentland Brands and can liaise and influence people at all levels internally and externally through strong interpersonal skills.
- You are solution orientated mind-set with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- You have an outstanding attention to detail.
- You are self-motivated, tenacious and have a desire to deliver on deadlines set.
- You demonstrate a passion for bringing the voice of the customer into the business.
- You work with a matrix mind-set and can build trust quickly.
If this sounds like the perfect role, please apply and we’ll be in touch soon.