Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
Key Purpose of Job:
The Marketing Manager will support the on brand execution of marketing initiatives for the US brands.
- Develop regionally relevant executions to support overall brand strategies through: In Store presentation, Visual Merchandising, Social Media, Press, Coop investments and Events
- Manage and measure the success of all marketing activities for the US
- Serve as senior role within the Marketing team for North America; key stakeholder for relationship management with Brand owners in US
- Share brand successes with regional and global team as a form of best practices
- Partner with Commercial team to understand seasonal needs to drive sell through with key retailers and increase awareness
- Create regional strategies to execute against global vision and long term goals of the brand
- Seasonally develop a marketing calendar for North American region to include all marketing initiatives while keeping in line with the brand’s global messages
- Act as liaison with regional brand executives for all marketing projects
- Manage annual marketing budget for the US and Canada
- Ensure communication through monthly recaps for marketing activities
- Attend all sell in appointments for brands with key customers; as well as seasonal sales meetings
- Oversee direction for brand showcases such as: tradeshow booths, showrooms, in store POS and visual merchandising
- Work in close partnership with Sales teams to identify potential new business opportunities supported through marketing efforts
What you need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience within Marketing, Communications or PR preferred
- Knowledge of Sales & Marketing strategy and Brand positioning preferred
- Strong experience working with influencers, retail partners and commercial teams
- Ability to manage annual budgets
- Polished verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft including Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook
- Ability to function and thrive in a matrix structure
What we need to see in you:
- Confident, professional and articulate ambassador for North America
- Proactive, exceptionally well organized and able to prioritize and multi-task behind areas adding greatest value
- Able to liaise and influence and build relationships with people at all levels, including our customers
- Strong leadership, gravitas, and influencing skills
- Understanding of retail marketplace in the US
- Dedicated to maintaining high standards
- Well-groomed communicator and presenter to all stakeholders
This overview gives you a feel for what you’ll be doing day to day but it’s not an A to Z.