Marketing Manager Outdoor & Cycle (DACH)
Pentland Brands are looking for a Marketing Manager (Outdoor and Cycle) in this role will develop the regional and shopper marketing strategies for the DACH region across the Berghaus and Endura brands.
You will be work closely with the Brands to activate and regionalize, where required, the global brand strategy. Developing our brand availability and visibility across the DACH region has been identified as a key growth driving opportunities for Pentland brands.
We want to deliver a best-in-class consumer experience when consumers choose to engage with our brands across the full consumer and shopper journey in our DACH region.
The role you’d play as Marketing Manager (Outdoor and Cycle):
- Develop the regional activation plan to ensure that it delivers against the priorities for the brand and the region. Manage the team to deliver a plan that ensures we show up in every interaction through world-class showrooms, trade shows and regional consumer events.
- Be the voice of the DACH region within the Berghaus and Endura Brand teams. Influence, engage and educate the brand team on what is needed to win in Germany as a priority market and the rest of EMEA. Ensure that Germany is at the heart of the Brand strategy.
- Work with the global brand teams to ensure we receive marketing assets aligned with our DACH Customer needs. Where required develop DACH specific assets that still deliver against the brand priorities with a regional lens.
- Develop and deliver DACH priority customers shopper marketing activation plans that inspire and excite our consumers and shoppers. Aligned to our regional and brand plans that will deliver significant growth and ROI.
- Support the marketing team in DACH to ensure that all projects are owned, managed, and measured, taking necessary interventions to keep them on track.
- Monitor and evaluate all regional and shopper marketing activations to ensure ongoing continuous improvement. Share results at least quarterly with the Brand and Customer teams to ensure we maximise our return on our investment and improve our future go to market execution.
- Develop relationships with key marketing personnel in our priority customers. Support and influence our customers to develop their marketing plans within the JBP process (where appropriate). Lead the development of plans to over deliver on our key propositions and ensure we land them as part of the sell-in process.
- Partner with appropriate local agencies to deliver tailored content and point of sale. Ensuring that all content / material is aligned with our brand and sustainability guidelines.
- Manage the Regional and Shopper marketing budget. Ensure the budget is managed in accordance with guidelines, spend and timeframe. Work with finance on all annual requirements such as accruals and future budget forecasts.
What you’d bring as Marketing Manager (Outdoor and Cycle):
- Fluency in English and German (C1), fluency in another European language is a bonus.
- A proven track record in the DACH region as a senior sales and marketing manager, previous experience in the Outdoor or Cycle Industry is a plus but not a must.
- Strong Influencing skills coupled with experience of influencing and engaging key players in customer organisation.
- Experience and understanding of working with customer marketing teams.
- Experience of working in a multi-functional team and matrix environment.
- Demonstrated experience in building a brand in DACH.
- Good understanding of retail and commercial models.
- Strong planning, organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Understanding of retail and commercial models.
- Matrix mind-set and can build trust quickly.
- Master’s degree or equivalent, preferably with a specialisation in marketing and/or sport management.
- Passionate about cycling and the outdoors.
- Willing to travel to the UK and across EMEA when required.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive remuneration package
- Hybrid / smart working
- Brand and retail perks
- Financial perks
- Travel perks
- Time out perks
- Wellbeing commitment
Who we are:
Pioneering Brands that Make Life Better
We are Pentland Brands, a global business touching the lives of millions through some of the world’s most-loved active and footwear brands. We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, Ellesse, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the UK licensee for Kickers and have a joint venture with Lacoste footwear.
We have a rich and remarkable history, of family, of ambition and of innovation, of leading from the front with a legacy of outstanding brands and equally outstanding people. Of pioneering brands that make life better. Brands that create an emotional connection with our consumers and help keep people on the move. Brands that do good, that form part of a positive business that takes action for people and planet.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop because we know this is an exceptional place to build brands and build your career. We want you to come to work every day excited about what we can achieve when we have a clear and single-minded focus on being consumer-centric and relentlessly focused on improving our performance.
Always guided by our principles, we not only do a great job, but we also do it in the right way; success is a team game; with clarity and courage; better as standard; in good conscience. We believe every individual has the power to shape the Pentland of the future, by making sure that every day we’re better than the day before. Join our team of passionate, exceptional individuals, and do the best work of your life.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.
To find out more go to www.pentlandbrands.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.Apply for this position