Marketing Coordinator - Endura Inc. USA
The role: Endura is looking for a hardworking and positive person to join our team in the United States. The USA Marketing Coordinator will report into the Pentland Brands Director of Marketing, NA and will work closely with Endura Inc. leadership in the execution of the determined Endura USA Marketing Plan that is created in conjunction with the Endura Global Marketing Team based in Scotland.
The successful candidate will help coordinate Endura Inc. marketing plan through a variety of relationships including; sponsored athletes, teams & ambassadors along with commercial sales, customer service and internal stakeholders. This individual will take ownership of Endura’s presence at commercial and trade events, marketing spends and allocations all while tracking against a determined marketing budget.
As the point of contact with the Global Marketing Team, this individual will be responsible for the timely delivery and execution of campaign assets as prepared for various commercial and promotional partners. In addition, this individual will play a key role in managing our relationship with our PR firm and relevant advertising strategies. Finally, this role will assist in other areas of the business including but not limited to; event support, brand marketing plan development and general B2B commercial support.
Endura was founded in Scotland in 1993 with a no-nonsense commitment to advancing the performance and function of cycle apparel for all. As a maverick brand, it immediately launched a host of novel and challenging products that have gone on to earn iconic status globally and in many cases reset the benchmark of function and durability for the industry. This philosophy and disruptive innovation has carried the brand from Scottish local hero to global market leader.
Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the UK licensee for Kickers and have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
Success is a team game
With clarity and courage
Better as standard
In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
The role you’d play:
- Managing the USA based marketing calendar in coordination with the Global Brand Calenda
- Coordinating the delivery of campaign assets to identified key accounts, sales team members and the PR Agency of Record
- Arranging for identified athletes, ambassadors and teams to be aware of upcoming campaigns to help deliver maximum results
- Communicating with the Endura Global PR Manager and Marketing Coordinator via weekly virtual meetings and through regular email communication to help execute the Endura Global Marketing strategy in the United States
- Working directly with PR Agency of record to answer all media queries that arise, as well as, assisting the PR Agency as needed for delivery of media samples, press releases and campaign assets
- Communicating media hits to Endura Inc. team and provide monthly updates to the Endura Global Marketing team of Endura Inc. activities in the market
- Developing a media contact list to be used in conjunction with PR Agency of record
- Ordering and managing USA based media samples for timely delivery to meet campaign needs
- Point of direct contact for USA based sponsored athletes, teams, brand ambassadors
- Assisting sponsored athletes, teams and brand ambassadors to meet agreed upon deliverables
- Managing athletes’ campaign involvement and checking in on their race, media activities and plans to align with Endura’s Global and National media campaigns
- Help identify athletes, teams and ambassadors that can help deliver Endura’s marketing ambition in the USA market
- Planning and booking USA ads as determined by established media plan
- Working with Endura Inc. leadership in developing marketing and advertising strategy
- Coordinating the payment of ad related invoices and checking them against the determined advertising plan
- Arranging for the delivery, set-up and execution of Endura Inc.’s presence at pre-determined consumer and trade events in conjunction with Endura Inc. leadership under the guidance of the Endura Global Marketing Team
- Coordinate the lodging, staffing and general needs of Endura Inc’s presence at consumer and trade events aligned with the determined budget
- Assist in the staffing, building and tear down of the booth on pre-event, event and post-event days
- Arranging for product samples and, if needed, the coordination of products for sale at events
- Making appointments for media at events in coordination with the PR Agency of Record
The must haves:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience of working in a marketing role in the cycling or outdoor industry, with involvement in either PR, Marketing or Events organization
- A passion for cycling and understanding of the unique requirements of our industry
- Knowledge of cycling media in the United States
- Experience in working with, or understanding PR and all aspects involved in PR
- Ability to work independently and self-motivated as well as being part of a team
- Proven time management skills, being organized, efficient and able to work to tight deadlines
- Good working knowledge of the Internet and Microsoft Office Suite
- An excellent communicator, both interpersonally and within a group conveying strong brand empathy
- Friendly and approachable
- Energized, enthusiastic about all aspects of cycle apparel
This job description is not exhaustive, and you may be required to carry out other duties as requested.
If this sounds like the perfect role, please apply and we’ll be in touch soon.
Endura and Pentland Brands are an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications, consistent with applicable law and without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. In addition to complying with all applicable laws, we have a strong corporate commitment to inclusion, diversity and to ensuring that all current and future associates are compensated solely on job-related factors such as skill, ability, educational background, work quality, experience and potential. To achieve these goals, applicants are asked not to disclose salary history information.