Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
To ensure that timely, accurate accounts are produced, submitted and reported on a monthly basis so the basics are nailed and providing a firm foundation for Finance to deliver its vision of Challenging and influencing Pentland Brands to grow more profitably
The role you’d play:
You’ll help deliver the month end by…
- P&L reviews for brands/functions, ensuring that numbers are accurate and variances to budget or forecast understood.
- Submissions of month end numbers into Hyperion, ensuring all validations cleared and numbers reconciled to SAP.
- Input and production of reporting packs, providing commentary and insight for P&L areas.
- Produce other management accounting reporting, providing commentary on actuals.
- Completion of standardised month end tasks in line with timetable.
You’ll play a roll in controlling our finances by…
- Preparation of detailed balance sheet account reconciliations and resolution of any issues.
- Promoting a culture of rigorous controls across all accounting processes
- Be responsible for the maintenance and development of key processes that underpin our accounting
- Assist in year-end accounting process including audits files and liaison and discussions with external auditors.
- Liaise with other areas of Finance such as treasury and tax, to ensure delivery of requirements and accurate accounting treatment in place.
- Support the teams agenda of continuous improvement, seeking to improve quality and speed of month end processes.
You’ll also help deliver the finance vision by...
- Building relationships with the functional business partnering teams, seeking to understand business performance, enabling insightful commentary to be produced.
- Work with IT, sharing best practise, using SAP to improve processes and maximise efficiency and reliability of reporting.
- Help build the team for the team – by leading, coaching and mentoring junior members of the team to help them develop while delivering business objectives
The must haves:
- Experience in a management accountant role
- Final stage of study as an Accountant (CIMA / ACA / ACCA) or newly qualified with commercial experience in monthly reporting, preparing accounts and working with Commercial teams
- A positive confident approach to getting things done within a very demanding environment, able to meet deadlines
- Ability to challenge
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- Ownership of strong control process, documenting processes and user guides
You’ll need to be:
- A good communicator (both oral and written), able to articulate finance to non-finance customers
- Able to analyse and interpret large amounts of data
- Experienced in analysing accounting performance in a commercial environment
- Show good attention to detail
- Pro-active, well organised and able to prioritise
- Discreet with sensitive/confidential information
- Able to influence - having developed strong relationships with management
- Flexible in approach and “can do” attitude
If this sounds like the perfect role, please apply and we’ll be in touch soon.