Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
Ensure the site infrastructure and associated electrical, mechanical, HVAC and general equipment and accommodation are maintained in working order in accordance with agreed specifications whilst endeavoring to increase reliability and reduce costs where possible.
The role you’d play:
- To schedule and supervise all contracted works and repairs
- Implement all works, testing and record keeping of safety systems in order to meet relevant conditions of Health & Safety policy
- Regularly inspect all infrastructure plant, equipment and building structures and monitor the progress of remedial works that are implemented
- Ensure CCTV, access control, fire alarm system & intruder alarm system are correctly maintained
- Staff management for sickness, holiday, emergency cover, work rosters
- Assist with the formation of annual budgets and ensure such works planned within these budgets are implemented
- Management development to ensure that a high-quality team is recruited & maintained including performance management and personal development.
- Proactively participate in training and development of direct reports
- Daily checks of progress on site
- Procurement of materials and subcontractors
- Liaison with Senior Facilities Manager with any potential issues
- Monitoring compliance with the latest building regulations
- To prepare and implement planned and unscheduled maintenance programs
- To control / monitor the planned maintenance for the site and to ensure that all works are carried out efficiently and economically and that the required records are maintained.
- Responsibility for external contractors on site, incl. events management.
- Provide a support service during emergencies. Deputising for the Senior Facilities Manager
- Provide support when required in the management of external contracts for cleaners, the gym, catering, waste management, postal services, stationery and equipment.
- Facilities Business Continuity team member
- Assist in the implementation of BCP for the Lakeside site.
The must haves:
- A relevant professional qualification is desirable – Mechanical, Electrical, HVAC
- Previous building maintenance/services experience at Management level
- Knowledge of BMS & Energy management systems
- Experience of managing air & water quality monitoring
- A feel for the superior nature of the Lakeside office facility, and what it takes to maintain these high standards,
- Solid proven People Management experience.
- A strong customer service ethos and background.
- Demonstrable track record of success.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- A confident manner with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- A good degree of Computer literacy.
- Good numeracy skills.
- Able to communicate at all levels
- Pro-active with a hands-on approach
- Commercially aware
- Able to deliver to deadlines
- Rigorous, with attention to detail
- A problem solver
- Service oriented
- Adaptable to change
This job description is not exhaustive, and you may be required to carry out other duties as requested.
If this sounds like the perfect role, please apply and we’ll be in touch soon.