Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
The role you’d play:
- As part of the Licensing Management Team within the Active Division you will support our Active brands in managing their licensed business categories and markets effectively and efficiently to deliver on brand product whilst protecting revenue.
- You will ensure that all licensees are managed appropriately, meeting product and contractual requirements, whilst minimising pull on brand teams.
- Supports the Senior Licensing Manager in managing licensee relationships and activity across all regions.
- Responsible for managing the full process for specified licensees.
- In depth management of Global Licensed Partners.
- Managing the product approval process to ensure efficient submission, review and approval of licensed product and marketing materials in line with SLAs and business calendar.
- Management of licensee critical paths and defining work flow across internal teams.
- Supports the contractual, process and coordination elements of licensing management in-line with the brands strategy, guidelines and business calendar.
- Maintains clear SLAs between licensee and licensor, ensuring that appropriate guidelines, calendars and meetings are planned and completed.
- Monitoring royalty income against contractual requirements and defining required actions.
- Supports department process development and implementation
The must haves:
- Prior knowledge and experience of licensing in a commercial, or brand function
- Strong track record of managing licensee relationships
- Experience of managing multiple stakeholders
- Experience of contract negotiations.
- Commercial understanding of the value of licensing within a brand environment.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Competent in excel with good analytical skills.
Needs to be:
- Diligent and process-orientated – able to help establish and manage processes, holding stakeholders to account for delivering in the areas they’re responsible for.
- A collaborative relationship builder – able to work across multiple stakeholders.
- Proactive, and self-driven.
- Adaptable and flexible to changing business demands.
- Commercially astute, and able to challenge thinking/rationale across multiple stakeholder levels.
If this sounds like the perfect role, please apply and we’ll be in touch soon.