Pentland Brands are offering a unique opportunity for a Legal Counsel to work within our legal team based in either our London or Nottingham offices. The successful candidate will be a front-line contact and business partner for Pentland’s brand teams and global service functions, advising on all legal issues affecting the respective business areas including Intellectual Property, marketing, sports marketing, design, product innovation, logistics and supply chain, corporate responsibility as well as general commercial matters.
The role you’d play:
- Negotiating and drafting a broad range of commercial contracts with business partners.
- Advising on all aspects of advertising law including social media and digital marketing
- Business Partnering – supporting the brand teams on a wide range of brand marketing initiatives.
- Supporting Pentland’s global brand protection and anti-counterfeiting programme.
- Developing, updating, and delivering legal training programmes on key risk areas
- Assisting with the management of the IP portfolio, including working with, and supervising external counsel.
What you’d bring / be:
- A strong academic background.
- Experience gained in private practice or in-house.
- Ability to work autonomously yet collaboratively.
- Commercially savvy with excellent business judgment.
- A can-do attitude, and agile working methods.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive remuneration package
- Hybrid / smart working
- Brand and retail perks
- Financial perks
- Travel perks
- Time out perks
- Wellbeing commitment
Who we are:
Pioneering Brands that Make Life Better
We are Pentland Brands, a global business touching the lives of millions through some of the world’s most-loved active and footwear brands. We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, Ellesse, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the UK licensee for Kickers and have a joint venture with Lacoste footwear.
We have a rich and remarkable history, of family, of ambition and of innovation, of leading from the front with a legacy of outstanding brands and equally outstanding people. Of pioneering brands that make life better. Brands that create an emotional connection with our consumers and help keep people on the move. Brands that do good, that form part of a positive business that takes action for people and planet.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop because we know this is an exceptional place to build brands and build your career. We want you to come to work every day excited about what we can achieve when we have a clear and single-minded focus on being consumer-centric and relentlessly focused on improving our performance.
Always guided by our principles, we not only do a great job, but we also do it in the right way; success is a team game; with clarity and courage; better as standard; in good conscience. We believe every individual has the power to shape the Pentland of the future, by making sure that every day we’re better than the day before. Join our team of passionate, exceptional individuals, and do the best work of your life.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.
Apply for this position