- Pentland Brands
- Permanent Full-Time
- Sales and Business Development
- UK-London, Finchley (Global Headquarters)
Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
Key Purpose of Job:
This commercial sales role within the UK Footwear Commercial Team will support Pentland’s strategy in delivering breakthrough results & performance within Karen Millen Retail Outlets. This role will ensure the customer plan is delivered working closely with key functions of S&P, Marketing, Customer Finance and Product Management, licensing management both internally and externally. Working across the Karen Millen footwear brand this role is responsible for delivery of sales, profit, efficiency targets, execution of initiatives and brand presence to agreed KPI’s of our annual business plan.
The role will allow us to build a long term, sustainable, harmonious and profitable business with the Karen Millen Global Retail Estate and effectively designing and delivering joint business plans to grow the business at pace.
- Pentland UK Footwear Commercial Team. Sales & Planning, Shopper Marketing, Insights, Customer Finance, Product Management teams, Footwear Division peers and key contacts within Karen Millen’s teams; wholesale, buying, merchandising, retail and logistics.
- Karen Millen Brand Director.
- Director level within the customer and Exec level internally.
- Elevate the footwear experience in Karen Millen Retail.
- Responsible for sell in and sell through of all Karen Millen Footwear through the Karen Millen network of retail stores.
- Accountable for sales, profit and category presence to agreed KPI’s, identifying and removing barriers to ensure success internally and externally.
- Build exceptionally strong relationships with the Karen Millen retail team based on trust, respect and integrity, creating joint value and the ability to influence strategic decisions.
- Take overall responsibility for analysis of sell-in, sell out, stock turn and order book management including overdue order book, customer marketing plan and all assigned KPIs.
- Responsibility for internal influence & engagement across the Karen Millen brand constantly balancing customers need/demands with our companies measures and requirements.
- Working closely with Commercial Director and Brand Director, design, deliver and execute JBPs 1-3 years, that deliver against the financial, go to market, category presence and efficiency targets.
- Work closely with both local UK marketing and Pentland Consumer Function to win with the shopper at point of purchase by executing tailored annual customer marketing plans designed to own space and grow market share, with Karen Millen retail thus increasing both Mental and Physical availability of our footwear creating desire and sell through.
What you need to have
- Proven track record of managing and delivering results as a Key Account Manager
- Ability to build a persuasive selling story
- Experience of negotiation
- Strong Influencing skills – ability to influence internally and externally
- Commercial acumen - Understanding of broader business financial principles and how to manage profitability to achieve financial gains
- Shopper/category management understanding/experience
- Ability to utilise market / industry / competitor insight to challenge and influence our category / channel / regional strategies and execute consumer focused propositions with customers
- Ability to analyse, spot trends and build a compelling commercial argument
- Experience of working in a multi-functional team & working in a matrix environment to deliver results
- Experience of delivering robust brand activation plans within a customer
- Strong communication skills both internally & externally to manage multiple stakeholders
- Strong planning and organisational skills with ability to manage and deliver multiple projects
- Knowledge and understanding of competition law
- Prepared to travel UK
- Passion for attention to detail
What we need to see in you
- An ambassador for Pentland Brands across the footwear division, role modelling the organisational values and One Pentland approach
- Demonstrates a passion for bringing the voice of the customer in to the business
- Confident, professional and articulate
- Challenge and recommend new ideas and be willing to take risks to drive strategies and efficiencies
- Highly numerate, analytical and comfortable using data and insight to inform thinking and build compelling relevant commercial arguments
- High tenacity & passion to achieve via influence
- Pro-active, exceptionally well organised and able to prioritise behind areas adding greatest Pentland value
- Able to work both independently as well as being a great team player
- Seeks collaboration across cultures, brands and functions to deliver results
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Able to liaise and influence with people at all levels
- Ability to build partnership and trust with a customer/mother brand partner
- Solution mind-set
- Flexible in approach and ‘can do’ attitude
This overview gives you a feel for what you’ll be doing day to day but it’s not an A to Z.