Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
As a part of the Materials Development team, you will be responsible for supporting the team in ensuring our brands have access to the best fabrics and trims available. To create irresistible products, we need to use materials that look fantastic, perform to exacting standards and give great value. Working alongside Design, Product and Sourcing teams, you will be central in supporting with delivery of this critical objective.
The role you’d play:
- Support the Materials Technologist for specific materials standards, selection and testing of the same.
- Provide support where necessary with consultation and technical advice to ensure appropriate materials are developed.
- Understand areas of risk and flag as necessary
- Support stakeholders when working through Root cause analysis
- Coordination & control of new material introduction
- Organisation of internal and external testing
- Collation of test data into materials database
- Chase external vendors and international teams for testing materials and reports
- Request, chase and then assess material lab dips
- Collate dip tracker and pass recorded KPI information to Materials and Quality Managers
- Order required materials for the development samples and trials.
- Collate and maintain material libraries
- Update sourcing tracker with logistical information required by category
- Maintain close relationships with Design, Product and Innovation Teams ensuring clear communication is maintained on all aspects of development.
The must haves:
- Strong communication and networking skills.
- A desire to work collaboratively across the Business
- A strong understanding and empathy with the end user
- Ability to self-manage, prioritise work and multi task with strong attention to detail
- Good technical knowledge of fabrics and trims
- A good communicator with strong interpersonal skills – able to communicate complex / controversial topics and concepts to a wide and diverse audience.
- Able to identify, work with & influence key stakeholders.
- Passionate about our products, Development and Product Assurance and company success.
If this sounds like the perfect role, please apply and we’ll be in touch soon.