Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
Acts as a partner to the business working closely with functional leadership teams to enable business performance whilst creating consistency and the right people experience. The HRBP will lead on change projects within the business and support on people projects within the HR One Year Plan.
The role you’d play:
- Leads on small restructuring projects with the business. Supporting leadership in leading effectively through change, managing role redundancy situations, professionally and sensitively.
- Supports wider generalist team on managing complex organizational change. Manages role redundancy situations sensitively and professionally
- Supports the business through rapid transformational change
- Leads the organization’s employee engagement approach by using insights to develop solutions
- Coaches managers and handles escalated, complex ER situations up to and including appeals, protected conversations and settlement agreements at management level in a way that supports the Pentland values and commercial requirements.
- Creates an open dialogue and ability to challenge Senior managers within the business area.
- Leads the delivery of HR processes across the functional areas
- Ensures the business is compliant on core employment legislation and every manager is fully informed and consistent in their application of key people management practices
Talent and Capability:
- Leads talent management approach for the function
- Works with functional leads to develop and deliver an end to end approach for building functional and management capability beyond training
- Reviews key business performance targets and their related talent implications
Strategy, Reporting and Insights:
- Develops insights from HR reporting and analytics; identify trends/risks and escalate in a timely way
- Share people insights and metrics to the management team regularly to drive the people agenda
Supporting wider HR Pentland Team:
- Act as a liaison between the line and HR Centres of Expertise, to ensure alignment with internal client needs
- Supporting centres of expertise in delivery of broader HR 3-year plan
- Coaches and develops generalist and wider HR team
The must haves:
- Significant HR Generalist experience working in commercial, fast-paced and complex organizations
- Significant experience of leading organizational change
- Experience of working in a matrix environment
- Business orientated with strong HR analytical skills
- Experience of delivering multiple change projects at the same time
- Evidence of strong execution against a clear plan
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- Confident, professional and articulate
- A supportive and inspiring team player with experience of coaching and developing others
- Able to bring external ideas to ensure market leading HR activity takes place
- Comfortable with ambiguity, ability to flex and adapt and resilient through periods of change
- Not afraid to challenge; ensuring the right decisions are made for our people and our business
If this sounds like the perfect role, please apply and we’ll be in touch soon.