Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
The role you’d play:
- Develop insight & analysis on monthly Brand performance, support in preparation of Brand reporting & FP&A submissions
- Review of full Speedo P&L financials, sales & margin analysis, overhead reviews, providing forward looking data in order to aid decision making
- Segmental Regional & Channel performance analysis, including sales, margin & contribution
- Marketing & campaign cost analysis. Working with budget owners to ensure robust control & review of return on investment
- Function cost analysis & budget management
- IBP support – monthly rolling forecasting & variance analysis
- Bi-annual Forecast submission – overall sales, margin & Brand contribution
- Support Brand Finance Business Partner & wider Brand team in preparing Brand 3 Year strategic plan
- Using detailed deep-dive financial analysis & modelling to provide business insight & support across various ad-hoc assignments & projects
- Build strong relationships with FP&A, Management Accounting & Speedo Brand teams
The must haves:
- Proven experience. PQE (Latter stages of studying towards a professional accountancy qualification may be considered)
- Advanced analytical skills
- Experience of working to tight deadlines, juggling priorities in order to deliver
- Experience of working in a changing environment
- Excellent excel skills
- Experience of using BW and SAP an advantage
- Logical & analytical approach to problems
- Strong communication skills, both written & oral
- Can communicate financial data concisely & simply, identifying the ‘so what?’.
- Team player
- Dedicated to maintaining high standards
- Pro-active, open-minded & have a flexible approach
- Good attention to detail with the ability to self review
If this sounds like the perfect role, please apply and we’ll be in touch soon.