- Information Technology
- Pentland Brands
- Permanent Full-Time
- UK-London, Finchley (Global Headquarters)
Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
The role you’d play:
We are looking for a fresh graduate or someone with a small amount of experience to:
- Work with the IT Business Solutions and Delivery Teams, executing and supporting a wide range of data and analytics initiatives for Brands and Functions across the business.
- Identify and analyze user requirements
- Prioritize, assign and execute tasks throughout the software development life cycle
- Experiment with new age Data Science tools, technology and platforms
- Create relevant documentation and provide support and assistance to users of the systems
- Ensure our applications are secure and up-to-date
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders relevant to the achieving of the business objectives
The must haves:
- Degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Big Data or Computer Engineering
- Highly Motivated, eager to learn and challenge the status quo
- Good people, networking & communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Broad awareness of the value of enterprise data
- High level of numeracy and data literacy
- Practical experience of data gathering, preparation (manipulation and cleansing), analysis and visualization
- Experience of the file formats such as JSON, XML and csv are good to have
- Experience of relational databases (RDBMS) such as Microsoft Access, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Experience in Microsoft Excel formula and Macros
- Proficiency in structured programming
- Awareness of data visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI, Google Data Studio, SAP Analytics Cloud
- Awareness of what APIs are and how they are used.
- Awareness of AI and machine learning
- Awareness of cloud computing environments such as AWS(Amazon Web Services) or GCP(Google Cloud Platform)
- Awareness of the disciplines and techniques associated with the field of Data Science
What we need to see in you:
- A fascination for consumers, how they behave and the choices they make
- A desire to share ideas with your team and contribute to the overall team objectives
- An engaging style with the ability to clearly communicate insight derived from complex data sets
- A genuine curiosity and enthusiasm for understanding the markets our brands operate in
- Determination and logical approach
- An aptitude to learning new technologies and techniques
- Someone who can bring a fresh way of thinking to Pentland
If this sounds like the perfect role, please apply and we’ll be in touch soon.