- Fixed Term Full-Time
- Information Technology
- Pentland Brands
- UK-London, Finchley (Global Headquarters)
Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
Job overview / purpose:
We’re offering a fantastic opportunity to join our IT team as an Infrastructure Technician Apprentice!
During your time at Pentland, you will also get the opportunity to study towards a Level 3 Apprenticeship qualification with QA. There’ll be lots of support along the way, and you’ll be able to learn what makes our network so special from the experts in your own team.
We will help you learn how to provide first class technical support for the employees at our site in London, and beyond when the need exists.
Main responsibilities: [will include but not be limited do]
- Learn how to be to be a customer facing member of the team
- Work with different departments, functions and sites to proactively anticipate their needs and build solutions which are consumer grade, supportable and easy to use, while championing a standardised, streamlined method of operation
- Learn to build on existing skillsets to provide additional IT support activities as they arise
- Learn to build and develop networks across the business, and the world, learning about new and future technologies, including cloud technologies
- Provide 2nd line technical support to all system users
- Provide 1st line support and fixes times as part of the IT helpdesk
Using some of the below technologies:
- Windows 10 support, administration and configuration
- Firewall configuration and upgrades
- Security fundamentals and responding to risks identified in our perimeters
- Network monitoring and troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting of Microsoft Skype for Business and Office 365 suite
- Assist with builds and configuration for Windows PC estate using SCCM
- Active Directory administration
- Troubleshooting of multi-function print devices
- An understanding of TCP/IP and WAN/ LAN /Wi-Fi technologies and basic troubleshooting
What you need to have:
- A real passion to want to work within a service role, delivering customer support to a wide user group
- A high-level understanding of the IT landscape and fundamentals (would be useful but don’t worry, we will teach you along the way!)
- Logical problem solving through to resolution
- A good understanding of what is happening ‘in the Broader world’ re: technology
Desired personal qualities:
- Be eligible to work in the UK and will not be in full-time education by January 2019
- Have lived in the UK and/or EU for 3 years
What we need to see in you:
- A good team player, working with our internal and external team to deliver great solutions
- Pro-active, exceptionally well organised and able to prioritise, communicate and manage expectations with various levels of stakeholders
- Results driven, with a desire to “go the extra mile”
- Able to deliver quality work in line within deadlines
- Able to demonstrate energy, drive, commitment and passion
Desired qualification requirements:
- Have achieved a minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade C or above (including Maths and English Language)
- Educated to UK ‘A’ level or equivalent in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Maths) Subjects or BTEC
5 days per week,
37.5 hours per week, [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
This overview gives you a feel for what you’ll be doing day to day but it’s not an A to Z.
Please note because this is an apprenticenship, we use an external company so Please apply here