Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
Acts as a strategic partner to the business working closely with functional leadership teams, as well as the Pentland HR Centres of Expertise, to identify key people and organization levers that build capability, developing and embedding people strategies and plans that enhance performance and support business goals and initiatives. The HRBP will lead on strategic people projects within the HR One Year Plan and will lead on complex change projects within the business as well as supporting and developing the wider generalist team.
The role you’d play:
- As part of the HR management team, design and deliver the global functional HR people plan aligned with the strategic business goals
- Share people insights and metrics to the leadership team regularly to drive the people plan and agenda
- Leads the development and implementation of a people plan with the business stakeholder to drive business performance
- Partners with business stakeholders to define, design, diagnose and implement complex organizational change. Manages role redundancy situations sensitively and professionally. Coaches and supports wider generalist team on managing organizational change.
- Supports the business through rapid transformational change
- Defines clear roles and accountabilities for functional and brand operating models globally, and manages change proactively working with function, division and Centres of Expertise
- Leads the organization’s employee engagement approach by using insights to develop solutions
- Working with the head of function, delivers an approach to building the effectiveness of the leadership teams and enhancing performance across the wider functional area
Talent and Capability
- Leads development of the global talent bench for the function, within and outside of brands, working with Centres of Expertise
- Works with functional leads to develop and deliver an end to end approach for building functional and management capability beyond training
- Reviews key business performance targets and their related talent implications
- Leads the senior level decision-making for day-to-day people management matters, as well as the strategic direction of the business
- Coaches leaders through and handle complex employee relations issues
- Acts as a liaison between the line and HR Centres of Expertise, to ensure alignment with internal client needs
- Proactively supports the delivery of HR processes across the functional areas
Reporting and Insights
- Working with Centres of Expertise and HRIS team, accountable for people insights reporting, proactively identifying themes and associated actions from data to inform the HR strategy
Pentland HR Leadership
- Partner with HR centres of expertise in delivery of broader HR 3 year plan, championing and implementing key strategic initiatives, not limited to; diversity & inclusion, talent and cultural change
- Coach and develop generalist and wider HR team
The must haves:
- Significant experience of senior broad-based HR partnering, working in commercial, fast-paced and complex organizations
- Significant experience of leading complex transformational and organizational change
- Experience of working in a matrix environment
- Business orientated with strong HR analytical skills
- Experience of building leadership teams
- Experience of delivering multiple change projects at the same time
- Evidence of strong execution against a clear plan
- Strategic mind-set with commercial focus and ability to interpret business goals into robust people strategies
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- Confident, professional and articulate
- A supportive and inspiring people manager who is a true team player
- Able to bring external ideas to ensure market leading HR activity takes place
- Proactive and pragmatic in your ability to implement business focussed people solutions
- Comfortable with ambiguity, ability to flex and adapt and resilient through periods of change
- Not afraid to challenge; ensuring the right decisions are made for our people and our business
If this sounds like the perfect role, please apply and we’ll be in touch soon.